Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best nose jo...I mean rhinoplasty in Hollywood

On 8/5/2015 at 5:41 PM, DownGoesFrazier said:

Beatty is not really classically handsome. He has rather unusual features. His look is more "ultra-cool" than handsome.

I wish my features were unusual like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TomJH said:

I wish my features were unusual like that.

Yeah, but I use caution....

Just my luck, I'd send up a strong wish and prayer to look like Warren Beatty, and wake up looking like NED Beatty!  :o

So I just leave well enough alone. 

Sepiatone

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, but I use caution....

Just my luck, I'd send up a strong wish and prayer to look like Warren Beatty, and wake up looking like NED Beatty!  :o

So I just leave well enough alone. 

Sepiatone

LOL

Yeah, but look at it this way. Sepia.

IF you ended up looking like NED Beatty instead of WARREN Beatty, then the chances of one of your ex-lovers writing a song and telling the world about how vain you are would be greatly diminished, right?!

(...see?!..there's always a bright side to things, ya know)  ;)

• Thanks 1
On 7/31/2015 at 3:11 PM, CaveGirl said:

Nothing more fun than watching an old movie and thinking that someone's nose or other feature looks a bit different than what one has been used to.

Now imagine my disappointment, after watching "Grease" and finding out that Edd Byrnes, the youthful star of 77 Sunset Strip and other teen classics, had not only had a name change but a nose change! And there were even photos on the Net from the Confidential days.

Another guy who looked a heck of a lot more attractive, after surgery was Alex Cord. I wonder if that was what made Joanne Pettet marry him.

We all know that Danny Thomas, Jimmy Durante and Tiny Tim never had nose jobs though Mrs, Calabash might have preferred one, but I think that even someone as lovely as Rhonda Fleming had one, as she looked a bit different in that film where she played a nymphomaniac.

Marilyn surely had one, as they removed a bump or something and it looked really different in that recent TCM showing of the chorus girl movie.

I used to think Peter O'Toole had one or maybe Morgan Fairchild but I have come to believe some people actually do just have chiseled noses like that.

Hollywood is full of horrid facelifts like those of Mary Pickford or Lucy, but occasionally even the men get them and ruin their looks like Jack Lemmon. Why, Jack why???

Probably the most infamous nose job in Hollywood history is that of noted Mercury Theatre alumnus, Everett Sloane. You see his real nose in Citizen Kane, but later he had most of that rather cute proboscis trimmed down and never looked the same again. On top of that, he always looked angry and it was said among the cognescenti that he could never look in the mirror again and I think he later committed suicide.

Yes, a bad nose job is a grievous thing, but which are your favorites?

Peter O'Toole did indeed have a nose job.  I've seen the before photo!  I assume the Rhonda Fleming movie you're speaking of is Hitchcock's Spellbound (1945).  One of the most famous is Dean Martin's, although he never made a movie with his old nose.  I've read that Jennifer Grey's ruined her career.  And Carol Burnett's chin job never looked quite right to me.

On 8/2/2015 at 3:06 PM, speedracer5 said:

I'm assuming you are referring to Jean Simmons the actress and not Gene Simmons the bassist from Kiss (his hair looks bad no matter what "style" lol) ;)  I agree about the hairstyles though.  I was watching a Gene Tierney movie yesterday, it might have been Whirlpool and she had that same awful hairstyle.  While her face was still gorgeous, it made her look like she was in her 40s, when she was probably barely 30.  I believe she might have had the same terrible hairstyle in Black Widow which I watched most of prior to Whirlpool.  There was an actress in that movie who had the ugliest hairstyle.  She was the actress playing the young ingenue who ends up the murder victim.  She had this tight curly hairstyle, reminded me of a smaller version of Harpo Marx's wig.  Ick!

I wasn't born when Big Valley was new.  I think the first film I saw Stanwyck in was Double Indemnity.  I loved her in that and have been trying to see all her films as they air on TCM.  I loved her versatility, in everything from Double Indemnity to Sorry Wrong Number to Stella Dallas to Ball of Fire.  I always thought she possessed a unique beauty--even in Double Indemnity where her beauty is more on the cheap tawdry side, but I could see why Fred MacMurray would be interested in her.  Recently, Stanwyck's precodes have been a revelation to me.  I loved Baby Face.  I've also watched a couple others, and even if the film is kind of hokey, Stanwyck's performance is always intriguing. 

I agree totally with you about Stanwyck's beauty.   In addition to the pictures you list, I'd like to add 1940's Remember the Night, 1945's Christmas in Connecticut, 1946's My Reputation, 1946's The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, 1947's The Other Love, and my all-time favorite Stanwyck film---1941's The Lady Eve.

• Like 1

BARBARA STREISAND has quite the h o n k e r.  But oddly, it suits her, and besides....

Her main claim to fame wasn't her looks, was it?  And kudos to her for keeping it.  

My ex had a huge nose too.  It never bothered me, but it bothered her all her childhood so her getting a nosejob  was more cathartic for her.  Bothered the hell out of her mother though.

Sepiatone

3 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

BARBARA STREISAND has quite the ****.  But oddly, it suits her, and besides....

Her main claim to fame wasn't her looks, was it?  And kudos to her for keeping it.  

My ex had a huge nose too.  It never bothered me, but it bothered her all her childhood so her getting a nosejob  was more cathartic for her.  Bothered the hell out of her mother though.

Sepiatone

I've read in the past that the main reason Streisand never got her nose bobbed was because she thought it could hurt or even ruin her singing instrument.  Not to imply that she sings through her nose, but you know....

26 minutes ago, filmnoirguy said:

I've read in the past that the main reason Streisand never got her nose bobbed was because she thought it could hurt or even ruin her singing instrument.  Not to imply that she sings through her nose, but you know....

Hmmm...now THIS has got me thinkin' here.

Now, and NOT that THIS guy here has a bad lookin' nose at all mind you, BUT I wonder if they could do JUST a minor little adjustment to it somewhere...

MV5BMjExMDQzMDY5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY2

...IF it could help keep HIM from TALKING through HIS nose as much???

(...I mean it's not like it's only "AAACK-tors" who could maybe benefit from a meeting with a medical professional in these regards, ya know)

LOL

• Haha 1
On 8/2/2015 at 3:06 PM, speedracer5 said:

I'm assuming you are referring to Jean Simmons the actress and not Gene Simmons the bassist from Kiss (his hair looks bad no matter what "style" lol) ;)  I agree about the hairstyles though.  I was watching a Gene Tierney movie yesterday, it might have been Whirlpool and she had that same awful hairstyle.  While her face was still gorgeous, it made her look like she was in her 40s, when she was probably barely 30.  I believe she might have had the same terrible hairstyle in Black Widow which I watched most of prior to Whirlpool.  There was an actress in that movie who had the ugliest hairstyle.  She was the actress playing the young ingenue who ends up the murder victim.  She had this tight curly hairstyle, reminded me of a smaller version of Harpo Marx's wig.  Ick!

Peggy Ann Garner?

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

dean-martin-rhinoplasty1.jpg

Hmmm...well...

♪♪ IIIIIII thinnnnnk,

In either case

Dino had a nice face

That's what I say

That's what I say ♪♪

(...but frankly, and from straight on here anyway, I really don't see much of a difference here between his old nose and his newer one...well maybe the bridge of it was widened a bit for some reason...looked just fine before)

Actually DARG, ...

I was thinking Dino's nose in the AFTER photo looks BIGGER than the "before".    Could be too, that he's much older(it looks like) in the 2nd photo, and his features finally matured fully.    Take BOB DYLAN for instance.....

Ever notice that Bob's features from his debut LP cover and by the '90's,  rolled around (and some years before) his nose grew noticeably?   Nobody would have guessed his being Jewish until he hit his '40's or so.   Which too now brings us to BEN---------

Suggesting he get work done on his nose for ANY reason might be construed by some(in these super-sensitive days) as being anti-semitic.  :rolleyes:

Oh, and in that "before" photo of PETER  O'TOOLE,  he looks older than in the "after",  but no real change nose-wise.  Possibly some other work was done?  

And, what has Otto Censor have against the word "h o n k e r"?    Afraid of offending GEESE maybe?  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Actually DARG, ...

I was thinking Dino's nose in the AFTER photo looks BIGGER than the "before".    Could be too, that he's much older(it looks like) in the 2nd photo, and his features finally matured fully.    Take BOB DYLAN for instance.....

Ever notice that Bob's features from his debut LP cover and by the '90's,  rolled around (and some years before) his nose grew noticeably?   Nobody would have guessed his being Jewish until he hit his '40's or so.   Which too now brings us to BEN---------

Suggesting he get work done on his nose for ANY reason might be construed by some(in these super-sensitive days) as being anti-semitic.  :rolleyes:

Oh, and in that "before" photo of PETER  O'TOOLE,  he looks older than in the "after",  but no real change nose-wise.  Possibly some other work was done?  

And, what has Otto Censor have against the word "h o n k e r"?    Afraid of offending GEESE maybe?  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag NOW here Sepia, and thanks to YOU and YOUR suggestion about MY earlier suggestion!

Yep, I suppose I might as well just come out and admit it now. I've been an anti-Semite for YEARS now. 

And thus the very REASON why my comic idol and the guy who I've used as my avatar around these parts AND have modeled by posting style for lo these many years within this very website, was a good Catholic boy...Bob Hope.

(...and WHO, I wanna tell ya, AND as we all know, had one of THE best looking noses EVER!) 

LOL

;)

Sepiatone, yeah I guess  Italian Catholic Jimmy Durante had a straight, tiny nose LOL- ever see Giada De Laurentis' profile? LOL

Hedy Lamarr,  Lauren Bacall, Judy Holiday, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, Alicia Silverstone, Peggy Lipton- ( the list goes on and on) none had nose jobs and all were Jewish.  Please don't generalize and stereotype

ps. I knew Dylan was born Jewish and that had nothing to do with his nose.

13 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Sepiatone, yeah I guess  Italian Catholic Jimmy Durante had a straight, tiny nose LOL- ever see Giada De Laurentis' profile? LOL

Hedy Lamarr, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, Alicia Silverstone, Peggy Lipton- ( the list goes on and on) none had nose jobs and all were Jewish.  Please don't generalize and stereotype and ps Ben is 1/2 Jewish

Yeah, and not to mention THIS line lookin' lady here...

Stefanie_Powers_2010.jpg

And who I always thought had a rather nice looking nose.

(...among many other things) ;)

On 12/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, Patricia Kelly said:

I have to agree regarding Rhonda Fleming's nose job.  At first glance of her in the early black & white movie, Adventure Island, I could tell it was true.  Her surgeon did a terrific job.  She is gorgeous later in The Big Circus.  Much better looking with the new nose.

Was Cave Girl your prior account?

4 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Yes, your super crush, Stefanie too ! LOL 

LOL

"super crush", I like that, lavender!

(...is kind'a apropos in this case, isn't it) ;)

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag NOW here Sepia, and thanks to YOU and YOUR suggestion about MY earlier suggestion!

Yep, I suppose I might as well just come out and admit it now. I've been an anti-Semite for YEARS now. 

And thus the very REASON why my comic idol and the guy who I've used as my avatar around these parts AND have modeled by posting style for lo these many years within this very website, was a good Catholic boy...Bob Hope.

(...and WHO, I wanna tell ya, AND as we all know, had one of THE best looking noses EVER!) 

LOL

;)

I don't get it....

Did I suggest ANYONE here was an anti-semite?   I'll give $20 to everyone I accused of that.  Now, go back and READ my post and inform me just WHERE it WAS that I made that accusation.   Remember......    READING is FUNDAMENTAL, so TRY it!  B)

BTW.....   

To those of you who thought they were making some kind of point by mentioning actors and actresses who were(and are) Jewish but have no large noses, I'll jump in and mention RINGO STARR, likely, if religious at all was probably a Christian Protestant,  was, as some might remember, threatened by the Klan while The Beatles were touring the U.S. because his large proboscis  gave them "brainiacs" the impression he was Jewish.  

And SCTV's ANDREA MARTIN,  Actually Armenian,  has a good sized smeller too. So too, do my Hungarian/Catholic step sisters  ;)  .

Sepiatone

40 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I don't get it....

Did I suggest ANYONE here was an anti-semite?   I'll give $20 to everyone I accused of that.  Now, go back and READ my post and inform me just WHERE it WAS that I made that accusation.   Remember......    READING is FUNDAMENTAL, so TRY it!  B)

BTW.....   

To those of you who thought they were making some kind of point by mentioning actors and actresses who were(and are) Jewish but have no large noses, I'll jump in and mention RINGO STARR, likely, if religious at all was probably a Christian Protestant,  was, as some might remember, threatened by the Klan while The Beatles were touring the U.S. because his large proboscis  gave them "brainiacs" the impression he was Jewish.  

And SCTV's ANDREA MARTIN,  Actually Armenian,  has a good sized smeller too. So too, do my Hungarian/Catholic step sisters  ;)  .

Sepiatone

No Sepia, you personally didn't accuse anyone of being an anti-Semite, however your bringing up the thought and by merely SUGGESTING that I could somehow be accused BY OTHERS out there of being one by my mention of Ben's nose and merely because he is Jewish, was what opened the door to my farcical reply.

And so you shouldn't have taken this personally here.

(...you see here "Mr. Reading Is Fundamental", sometimes the act of reading ALSO includes the act of reading between the lines)  

Eh, but as there's actually nothing between the lines, people use that phrase as an excuse to "read" anything they want to.  ;) 

But too notice.....   you opened the proverbial "can of worms" whereas the follow-up responses seemed to be filled with posts by folks who somehow got the impression that I was  perpetuating  some kind of stereotype.  Plus it's apparent you forgot my mention(several years back) that on the 100th anniversary of my Great-Grandfather's arriving here from Poland( 1893) is when we discovered that he came here as a Polish Jew, but never mentioned it to anybody.  Going to his grave at age 80 in 1950 without saying anything.  :unsure:

HEH!  Just when you think you had your life all figured out..........  ;) 

Sepiatone