Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks for Our Summer of Darkness!

What a memorable summer experience this has been!  Thanks to TCM, Canvas, Ball State U, Prof. Edwards, and Eddie Muller for creating this fabulous film course.  The old adage, 'The best things in life are free' certainly rings true here, where we learned about the elements of film noir, interacted with our peers and got to watch some pretty amazing noir films.

I truly don't think I'll see another noir in the same way again, and I look forward to taking part in a another TCM-sponsored film studies course.  I'll keep a weather eye on the horizon - and on my TCM channel - for a new adventure!

Thanks again!  Paulette 

• Like 7

I concur! Thank you so much for the programming as well as the opportunity to learn more about films noir with Dr. Edwards. I very much enjoyed my Fridays and reading insight from other noir enthusiasts.

My parents came to visit one weekend and we sat in front of my TV enjoying the TCM Summer of Darkness. Then my dad went through my DVD collection and found my Noir Collection and he watched all the films. He LOVED Detour, The Stranger, and Too Late for Tears. My dad has been a long time TCM subscriber (at least 20 years) after dumping AMC when they went commercial and showed too many modern films. Though he has seen the mainstream noir classics before, he never new about concept of the genre/style/movement of Film Noir. He's now a noir fan. (He's always been a classic Sci-fi fan).

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with earlier posts. I've written it before and I'll write it again: It's obvious that Richard Edward, Eddie Muller, and the folks at TCM love what they do because the Summer of Darkness was fantastic. My expectations for the course were exceeded every week. The films, the Daily Doses, the posts -- my only regret is that the course has to end!!!

• Like 4

Ditto on all the 'Thank you' sentiments. I've enjoyed this class, Professor Edwards, Eddie Muller, TCM and the films noir tremendously. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

I hope that this is only the beginning of many online courses through TCM... ❤️

• Like 1

this course was great

i enjoyed chatting with all you folks

and this course helped me think of noir films in ways i hadn't considered before, it forced me to really think about the intentions of directors, cinematographers and actors

THANK YOU ALL

Add my thanks for all of the hard work that went into this offering. I will never view a Film Noir the same way again.  Kudos to TCM for their programming time and sponsorship. I would really love to continue with other film genres/styles/movements such as westerns, science fiction, musicals, RomComs, etc.

Keep up the good work! I will be watching in hope of another offering. Thank You!!

I agree with everybody. I've had such a wonder experience taking this course. Summer of Darkness far exceeded any of my expectations. Thanks to Richard Edwards, Ball State, TCM, and all the students for making this a fun, fascinating learning experience. The films were great and Eddie Muller was a fantastic host. I wish we could continue this!