Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite space ship names in films.

hamradio

We all know of The Enterprise and Millenium Falcon but what about other ships with names the sticks in memory.

In the series "Space - Above and Beyond" the alien name his ship to send a message, Abandon All Hope..  Lol, hard to forget.  What's yours? Topic can cover both film and television.

Space%2520Above%2520and%2520Beyond%2520%

Chiggy.png

Serenity is the ship in the television series: Firefly. The movie of the series is named also: Serenity. It is odd because life aboard her is rarely serene.

Ikarie XB-1 is the ship of the eponymous movie. This is a very special movie because it is outside the typical gosh-wow-we-are-in-space or we-must-destroy-the-bug-eyed-monster format. It is so very sad that the English dubbed version is tepid.

I would be very remiss if I did not mention: Idris. She is a type forty TARDIS who was a museum piece when The Doctor was young. :)

Ikarie XB-1 is the ship of the eponymous movie. This is a very special movie because it is outside the typical gosh-wow-we-are-in-space or we-must-destroy-the-bug-eyed-monster format. It is so very sad that the English dubbed version is tepid.

. :)

Has TCM ever aired that one?  If not, be great for a Foreign Import movie premiere.

Ikarie_DVD.jpg

Are those warp drive Nacelles?  Looks like they beat Gene Roddenberry to the punch.

The Albatross - from Master of the World (1961)

Spaceballs (1987)

Spaceball One, an impossibly huge ship helmed by Colonel Sandurz

Eagle 5, a Winnebago-shaped space ship, flown by gangster "Pizza the Hutt"

(It's hard to believe Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond were not involved in this)

Morons From Outer Space (1985)

Light-hearted British send-up of space movies.  Like so many other space movies, I'm not sure if the spaceship even had a name.

• Like 1

The Albatross - from Master of the World (1961)

Spaceballs (1987)

Spaceball One, an impossibly huge ship helmed by Colonel Sandurz

Eagle 5, a Winnebago-shaped space ship, flown by gangster "Pizza the Hutt"

(It's hard to believe Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond were not involved in this)

Morons From Outer Space (1985)

Light-hearted British send-up of space movies.  Like so many other space movies, I'm not sure if the spaceship even had a name.

I love Spaceballs!

"Please, please, don't make a fuss.  I'm just plain yogurt."

• Like 1

Has TCM ever aired that one?  If not, be great for a Foreign Import movie premiere.

Ikarie_DVD.jpg

Are those warp drive Nacelles?  Looks like they beat Gene Roddenberry to the punch.

Voyage to the End of the Universe (1963) is the cheapo AIP "english version".  As far as I can tell, it is a completely different story!

I don't see it in the previous TCM schedules in either form.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings