Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cartoons in "White Christmas"

LonesomePolecat

It could be "The Sad Sack" which was a World War II comic strip about an inept private in the army.  It was created by Sgt. George Baker.  In the fifties, he sold the rights to Harvey comics.  It could also be an imitation of "The Sad Sack" done just for the movie.  Here is a look at "The Sad Sack".

_SADSACK14.jpg

• Like 1

I've always wondered...

Remember the song "Gee, I Wish I Was Back in the Army" in WHITE CHRISTMAS? Well, on the backdrop behind the singers are a series of WWII-type cartoons. Does anyone know what cartoon character that is, what comic strip it's from, who drew it, etc?

noel-blanc-1954-04-g.jpg

Thanks

By the way Polecat, I looked at the clip from the movie and I discovered that your picture is reversed from the original clip.  In the movie, the girls have their caps on the right side of their heads and in your picture, they're on the left.  Also, in your photo,  Bing puts his right arm on the shoulder of Vera-Ellen.  In the video clip, it's his left, and they are to the right of the other two.

Check it out!

By the way Polecat, I looked at the clip from the movie and I discovered that your picture is reversed from the original clip.  In the movie, the girls have their caps on the right side of their heads and in your picture, they're on the left.  Also, in your photo,  Bing puts his right arm on the shoulder of Vera-Ellen.  In the video clip, it's his left, and they are to the right of the other two.

Check it out!

People do funny things to videos on Youtube to avoid copyright takedowns.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings