Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Columbo Episode Now You See Him

Janet0312

I believe magician Mark Wilson was behind the magic in that episode of Columbo.

Mark consulted for many TV series.

Some of the illusions, however, were only illusions for the TV audience - not "real" illusions performed as magic would be. When Santini draped a silk over a table, pulled it upward, and a lamp appeared underneath, it was the actor playing an audience member at that table who simply pulled the lamp up from beneath the table under cover of Santini's foulard - an illusion to the TV audience; a visible act to everyone shooting that scene.

I believe magician Mark Wilson was behind the magic in that episode of Columbo.

Mark consulted for many TV series.

Some of the illusions, however, were only illusions for the TV audience - not "real" illusions performed as magic would be. When Santini draped a silk over a table, pulled it upward, and a lamp appeared underneath, it was the actor playing an audience member at that table who simply pulled the lamp up from beneath the table under cover of Santini's foulard - an illusion to the TV audience; a visible act to everyone shooting that scene.

Yes. Those things were easy to see. I meant that Cassidy's hand movements looked like the real McCoy. I mean he did a great job with the part.

Yes. Those things were easy to see. I meant that Cassidy's hand movements looked like the real McCoy. I mean he did a great job with the part.

I guess he was taught specific tricks by Mark and practiced them well - for those where we saw his whole body in the shot and not just a close-up of hands. Actually, I thought I remembered having seen something on TV years ago mentioning Jack Cassidy practicing magic as a hobby - couldn't dig anything up to confirm it. I may have been confusing this with Bill Bixby.

Happened to catch that episode and Cassidy did equit himself well. I could see a few times where the camera cut away and it was probably not Jack doing the work but still. I have a friend who is a professional magician who said Channing **** occasionally did do behind the scenes work to aid a teleplay or movie, but don't know if he was involved.

Happened to catch that episode and Cassidy did equit himself well. I could see a few times where the camera cut away and it was probably not Jack doing the work but still. I have a friend who is a professional magician who said Channing **** occasionally did do behind the scenes work to aid a teleplay or movie, but don't know if he was involved.

I believe that Cassidy starred in at least three "Columbo" episodes, Robert Vaughn in at least two. Which other actors starred in multiple Columbos?

I believe that Cassidy starred in at least three "Columbo" episodes, Robert Vaughn in at least two. Which other actors starred in multiple Columbos?

Robert Culp did three.  Patrick McGoohan did four, I believe, including the reboot series.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings