Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who was in all 5 films?

Etienne Girardot.    He's someone I've never heard of

I was ready to give a hint -- you are absolutely right. If you are in to '30s films, you should recognize him. He was the "nut" in Twentieth Century and played the exasperated Dr. Doremus, the coroner who was always called away from his meals, in three Philo Vance movies. Your thread, Classic.

Etienne_Girardot_in_The_Kennel_Murder_Ca

Swithin,

Thank you for the information about Girardot.   It's been years since I've seen "Twentieth Century". 

I don't remember much about it.   In fact, there are only two things that I remember about it: John Barrymore and Carole Lombard starred in it; and the original Broadway play (on which the movie was based) was revived on stage a few years ago with Anne Heche.

As for the "5 film challenge", O.K..  Here it goes.

"The little princess"

"The little minister"

"The miracle woman"

"Magnificent obsession" (1935)
"Cavalcade"

A challenging one, that was.   He isn't exactly a classic film actor, but he is a good modern film actor.

He is one of director David Mamet's favorite colleagues, and possibly his absolute favorite colleague: 

Joe Mantegna.

Classic aficionado, Joe Mantegna it is. Excellent job! And he may very well be David Mamet's favorite colleague.

Terrific!  The thread is yours.

Thank you, Classic aficionado.  (Basil Sydney was wonderful as Captain William Smollett in Disney's production of "Treasure Island")

Next:

The Happiest Millionaire

White Nights

You're A Big Boy Now

J W Coop

The Day Of The Locust

• 2 weeks later...