Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who was in all 5 films?

As a little girl, I was so glad when the Italian hurdy gurdy man took Shirley Temple home to his family away from that menacing man on the street.

Henry Armetta was the best thing in Poor Little Rich Girl next to

Shirley Temple's tap dancing and her dimpled smile.

And I'm sure Henry Armetta was just as good in those five films that are listed below.

Rosalind Knight.    I've learned quite a bit just now.   I don't remember her from any of these movies.

I've seen bits and pieces of "About a boy", the film.   I've seen parts of "Tom Jones".   I've never seen "Prick up your ears".   I've never seen "Carry on nurse".   I have seen that assinine remake of "The lady vanishes" (with too much OVER-THE-TOP emphasis on the romantic comedy, with Cybill Shepherd and Elliott Gould acting all glib and full-of-themselves with their "LOOK AT ME!  I'M ACTING!" mannerisms, as if they are saying "Aren't I funny?   Aren't I glib?   Aren't I wild?  Aren't I charming?!"  To which, I say to myself, [bronx cheer] - "Uh, no you're not.  Both of you are none of the above."   To be fair, both of them have given much better acting performances both before this movie and since this movie), in which Angela Lansbury was the only saving grace, from what I had noticed.   I haven't seen this film in years and I don't especially want to.  (I can't remember Rosalind Knight from this film.)

• 2 weeks later...

Rosalind Knight.    I've learned quite a bit just now.   I don't remember her from any of these movies.

I've seen bits and pieces of "About a boy", the film.   I've seen parts of "Tom Jones".   I've never seen "Prick up your ears".   I've never seen "Carry on nurse".   I have seen that assinine remake of "The lady vanishes" (with too much OVER-THE-TOP emphasis on the romantic comedy, with Cybill Shepherd and Elliott Gould acting all glib and full-of-themselves with their "LOOK AT ME!  I'M ACTING!" mannerisms, as if they are saying "Aren't I funny?   Aren't I glib?   Aren't I wild?  Aren't I charming?!"  To which, I say to myself, [bronx cheer] - "Uh, no you're not.  Both of you are none of the above."   To be fair, both of them have given much better acting performances both before this movie and since this movie), in which Angela Lansbury was the only saving grace, from what I had noticed.   I haven't seen this film in years and I don't especially want to.  (I can't remember Rosalind Knight from this film.)

Correct -- sorry for the delay!

Ms. Knight was a very good Miss Prism on stage at the Old Vic, 1994-95.

Your thread Classic.

It's O.K., Swithin. It's given me an opportunity to decide on a challenge for this thread. Here it goes.

"Mambo"

"Casbah"

"I'm in the revue"

"Star spangled rhythm"

"Stormy weather"

A great dancer, choreographer and dance instructor just to name a few-- one of America's original Dance artists--

Katherine Dunham