Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two Films

Inspireme451

Looking for names of two films from the 40's, can only give description of actions:

1) A government Man is given a book, takes book to bookstore and meets old bookseller and daughter. Finds out there is secret information hidden but has to get it before other enemy spy does. Goes to outskirts of town to carnival, has palm read by gypsy woman who tells him to buy one of the cakes, what he's looking for is there. He tries to buy one but the enemy spy he is after gets to the cake first and he chases the spy, they fight and Man kills enemy spy near an old dead tree and saves the secret info and assumably the world.

2)Young girl sleuth goes to London with best friend and Parents/Grandparents, they take a tour of one of the towers at night, I'm assuming Tower of London and she accidentally sees someone being killed on the shadows and something distinguishable about the murderer (hat, cane, shoes, etc.), but as she goes to tell her friend, family and police yet the body and killer have disappeared. She is determined to solve the murder/missing person case and does so in hilarious fashion. This child actor was considered very funny in her day and I believe she made 3 or 4 films in this vain. It is not the Nancy Drew series. 

I have scoured the internet for both of these films and would love to know if anyone knows the names of the films and if TCM still has them in their vault. I remember TCM (maybe Robert Osborne) introducing them back around 2006/2007, but haven't seen them since on TCM/or TCM Classics. If you know the films, please post titles here. Thank you!

Looking for names of two films from the 40's, can only give description of actions:

1) A government Man is given a book, takes book to bookstore and meets old bookseller and daughter. Finds out there is secret information hidden but has to get it before other enemy spy does. Goes to outskirts of town to carnival, has palm read by gypsy woman who tells him to buy one of the cakes, what he's looking for is there. He tries to buy one but the enemy spy he is after gets to the cake first and he chases the spy, they fight and Man kills enemy spy near an old dead tree and saves the secret info and assumably the world.

The first film is Ministry of Fear, with Ray Milland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Fear

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings