Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yvonne Craig (1937-2015)

speedracer5

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tv’s-batgirl-yvonne-craig-dies-at-78/ar-BBlRjve

Yvonne Craig has died. She died from complications of breast cancer.

While I'm not familiar with her film work, I did enjoy her as Batgirl in "Batman."

So did a lot of adolescent boys (like me) when that series first ran. Sorry to hear this.

• Like 1

How sad..,

Hardcore BATfan here, and while I think the third season of the show has some issues (the writing got waaaaaaaay "out there" and Batgirl was a kind of unnecessary addition inserted into the action who didn't always fit) it's hard not to like Craig in the role.

Sigh.

I wish all the episodes of the show were more readily available than they presently are.

Yvonne did a lot of tv work, only a hand full of films (including 2 Elvis films, one, KISSIN COUSINS also has The Dodge Rebellion girl Pam Austin).  And her tv work includes a STAR TREK episode which also gives her a cult status. Yvonne was a very pretty girl (and a great bod' ) and I think she was quite good as an actress. However   she never quite got that one "big" picture role that would have boosted her career, gave her more status in the business (like a Bond girl, maybe?) Not sure if playing "Batgirl" was a plus, career wise. She did do celebrity autograph shows over the years.  Hard for some one like me to accept the fact that she was 78 years old, makes me think about how old I must be, ouch.

I watched reruns of "Batman" when I was a kid.  Batgirl was the first live-action female superhero I had ever seen.  Yes, the show was silly but Yvonne Craig was the first actress that I am aware of that who donned a superhero costume.  (I am not counting villains just superheroes.)  Before Scarlett Johanson, Zoe Saldana, and even Lynda Carter, there was Yvonne Craig.

She was a beautiful woman,if i remember well she was the love interest in the  Kissin Cousins movie with Elvis, which is worth to see for the ending  just for the final scene. no time for retakes on that one,14 days of shooting...i remember her in Batman as well,she ,was never a star but was as they say decorative, sorry to learn of her passing.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings