Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If You Ever Met Sir Sean Connery, ...

Palmerin

... how would you broach the delicate subject of him leaving retirement and performing in movies once again?

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN was such an embarrassing misfire of a movie, I'm as ashamed of it as if Connery were a beloved relative of mine.

If he was tired of making films he was tired! I hope he's having fun and playing golf or whatever. I hope he's in good health.

imagine a cgi 007 with connery voicing him. :)

you know, that gym fight scene at the beginning of never say never again was the film's highlight especially when 007 throws his urine in the guy's face. :lol:

but all throughout that film connery kept reminding me of a kind gentle Fred Astaire. :lol:

ya gotta love it when Q says "I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence" and connery replies...

"I certainly hope so too." :) 

I agree that The League of Extraordinary Gentleman was a tiresome, over-the-top CGI mess. A terrible film.

One other thought that came away with me from the film, though, was the wish that Sean Connery could have played Allan Quartermain in a serious big budget adaption of King Solomon's Mines at some time in his career because it would have been great casting.

Hmmmm...If I ever met Sean Connery...if I ever met Sean Connery?  Good question.

Hmmmm...Ah! I KNOW!

If I ever met Sean Connery, I'd ask the guy the following question:

Is it because your name Sean is pronounced like it has some imaginary "H" in it, YOU know, as in "Shawn", is THAT the reason whenever you talk and say ANY word that has the letter "S" in it, you've always pronounced it with a decidedly "SH" sound instead? YOU know, as if this is some kind'a "continuity thing" or somethin'? YOU know, like when you'd say in one of those Bond flicks something like, "Don't worry, my dear. Anyone from Shpectre will have a hard time keeping up with ush in my shpecialty equipped Ashton-Martin."? Yeah, YOU know, like THAT!

Yeah, THAT'S probably what I'd do if I ever met Shir Shawn...errr...I mean Sir Sean, alright!

(...and besides, what is he now, 84 years old or somethin'?...and so even IF he might get ticked off at me about kiddin' him about that whole sibilant "s" thing of his, I'm pretty sure I could now probably out-run the old guy, seein' as how I'm 21 years younger than him and STILL in pretty darn good shape for a 63 year old, IF I do say so myself)

;)

I wouldn't fault him his choice of roles as acting(film acting in particular)still has the highest rate of unemployment of any other profession. 

I'd just simply be honored to meet him and simply thank him for providing me many of my favorite moments in entertainment.

I certainly wouldn't despite his age, **** him off!   :D

Sepiatone

Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, losing out on nearly $450 million dollars, it has been revealed.

So I would have a suicide watch on him, lol.

So you're saying that people who make a choice that leads to not making a lot of money- which is not the same thing as losing a lot of money - are likely to be seriously depressed about it? Even if that person is already rich and famous, and all that money would just be cluttering up their already over-flowing bank account anyway?

Well, yeah, I guess lots of $$$$$$$$$,( even if you already have lots of $$$$$$$$$)  is all that really matters.

Americans.

• Like 2

Is everyone familiar with the incredibly funny Sean Connery imitation by Darrell Hammond? Saturday Night Live used to have these "Jeopardy" sketches, with "Sean Connery" as one of the guests. I'm not sure why they had him behaving so badly, with constant sexual sneers directed at  Alex Trebek / Will Ferrell  ( is Sean Connery really like that?)  but I laughed so much I practically fell off the couch, every time this ongoing parody was on.

200_s.gif

• Like 1

Is everyone familiar with the incredibly funny Sean Connery imitation by Darrell Hammond? Saturday Night Live used to have these "Jeopardy" sketches, with "Sean Connery" as one of the guests. I'm not sure why they had him behaving so badly, with constant sexual sneers directed at  Alex Trebek / Will Ferrell  ( is Sean Connery really like that?)  but I laughed so much I practically fell off the couch, every time this ongoing parody was on.

200_s.gif

Actually MissW, I believe the caption in that above still is slightly incorrect.

As I recall, Hammond rightly pronounced that line in that SNL skits thus:

"Shuck it, Trebek!"

(...'cause as I said earlier, THAT'S how Connery TALKS...and with Hammond being such a great celebrity impressionist, he KNEW that!!!) LOL

;)

• Like 1

Actually MissW, I believe the caption in that above still is slightly incorrect.

As I recall, Hammond rightly pronounced that line in that SNL skits thus:

"Shuck it, Trebek!"

(...'cause as I said earlier, THAT'S how Connery TALKS...and with Hammond being such a great celebrity impressionist, he KNEW that!!!)

Dargo, I've decided that your true calling in life was to be a linguist.

• Like 2

So you're saying that people who make a choice that leads to not making a lot of money- which is not the same thing as losing a lot of money - are liking to be seriously depressed about it? Even if that person is already rich and famous, and all that money would just be cluttering up their already over-flowing bank account anyway?

Well, yeah, I guess lots of $$$$$$$$$,( even if you already have lots of $$$$$$$$$)  is all that really matters.

Americans.

Turning down Gandalf is the equivalent of turning down playing James Bond. So he struck out twice, once on the money, second on the role itself. And there were more movies after the first trilogy so add another $550 million to it for probably close to a billion dollars he missed.

But he shouldn't be depressed over it, so many actors routinely turn down a billion dollars all the time after all. I can count them on one finger, lol.

So you're saying that people who make a choice that leads to not making a lot of money- which is not the same thing as losing a lot of money - are liking to be seriously depressed about it? Even if that person is already rich and famous, and all that money would just be cluttering up their already over-flowing bank account anyway?

Americans.

Yeah, well, THAT'S why WE still have the strongest economy in world ya know, MissW!

And what's the latest exchange rate? Somethin' like 1CAD=.75USD???

I rest my case! LOL

(...just kiddin'...you're right here of course, though I'm pretty sure MM's mention of Connery's turning down that part was meant in more a lighthearted manner than it might have come across as)

Yeah, well, THAT'S why WE still have the strongest economy in world ya know, MissW!

And what's the latest exchange rate? Somethin' like 1CAD=.75USD???

(...I rest my case) LOL

People don't purchase Canadian currency as much as they purchase American currency. So, American currency is valued higher than Canadian.

That's the way we like it. We prefer that speculators, attempters of new investment schemes and the just plain greedy give their attentions to your country. You have a much broader reputation for corruption and victimizing pension plans and stuff like that, so it's pretty easy to understand why your dollar attracts so much interest from those types. We like stability, and are known the world over for having the most stable and boring financial systems on earth.

People don't purchase Canadian currency as much as they purchase American currency. So, American currency is valued higher than Canadian.

That's the way we like it. We prefer that speculators, attempters of new investment schemes and the just plain greedy give their attentions to your country. We like stability, and are known the world over for having the most stable and boring financial systems on earth.

And let's not forget ALSO being known in general as being a very polite bunch, TOO!

Well, at least generally more so than us Yanks, anyway. 

(...though ain't it a shame about those lousy winters you guys have to live through every freakin' year up that-a-way?!) ;)

LOL

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings