Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fast Workers sound off sync. So distracting.

slaytonf

The result of dropped frames.  Since audio frames and video frames are separate from each other, when you lose one you usually still have the other.  So that creates either a "lag" or a "lead".  Also there are fewer audio frames than video frames.  So if you lose one audio frame, it throws off the sync for more than one video frame.  With MPEG2 (still used on American cable), those losses unfortunately build up, they are cumulative.  So by the end of the program you are looking at the sum of all the offsets.

If you are watching it live, changing the channel back and forth can resynchhronize if it is on your end, but that wouldn't be of much use if it is on their end, or if you are trying to record it.

• Like 2

Sorry, as I didn't watch either of those films last night on TCM, I couldn't tell ya if there was any problem with the sound synchronization on my TV.

BUT come to think of it, last night during the time I was watchin' an old Perry Mason episode on MeTV,  I DID notice just a LITTLE sound synchronization problem goin' on with that Ron Paul commercial they ran where he's tryin' little hell to scare ya into buyin' that book o' his about the "coming financial crisis" and in which "of course" HE seems to have ALL the answer for!

So, does THAT count at all here, slayton ol' boy??? ;)

(...and btw, the preceding is true...the part about Ron's words being slightly out of sync in that commercial, anyway)

Sorry, as I didn't watch either of those films last night on TCM, I couldn't tell ya if there was any problem with the sound synchronization on my TV.

BUT come to think of it, last night during the time I was watchin' an old Perry Mason episode on MeTV,  I DID notice just a LITTLE sound synchronization problem goin' on with that Ron Paul commercial they ran where he's tryin' little hell to scare ya into buyin' that book o' his about the "coming financial crisis" and in which "of course" HE seems to have ALL the answer for!

So, does THAT count at all here, slayton ol' boy??? ;)

(...and btw, the preceding is true...the part about Ron's words being slightly out of sync in that commercial, anyway)

Yeah, I think that would--unless it was Ron Paul himself who is out of sync.

Yeah, I think that would--unless it was Ron Paul himself who is out of sync.

Well HECK slayton, that right THERE is pretty much A GIVEN, now isn't it?!

(...well, at least in regard to his being "out-of-sync" with his own party anyway...and thus coming about as close to ever getting his party's nomination as I would anyway!) ;)

audio/video desyncronization? ain't no excuse for something like that from an outfit like tcm. none...

slackers!

:D

I started too watch that but the thought of carl denham as a construction worker turned me off.

:o

The signal doesn't leave TCM out of sync, it usually occurs when the signal is sent from the satellite down to the receiver at the cable company or satellite provider and the audio and video is reassembled together. It happens to all the cable channels that transmit via satellite at one time or another. Since it happens AFTER it leaves TCM's facility, there's nothing they can do about it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings