Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MYSTERY STREET (1950)??

DickLindsay

Hello:

This photograph, i think is from MYSTERY STREET (MGM-1950) but I am not sure.

At very first glance, I thought the woman on the screen was maybe Marilyn, but my spouse says 'definitely not' and that it is a 'Marilyn Wanna-be'!

anyone recognize the guys in the photo?  I think the middle guy sitting down is James Whitmore?

ideas?

asph.jpg

You're welcome. Jan Sterling was certainly NOT a MM wannabe as you said.She was a terrific actress, known for noirs. If you thought the film was Mystery Street it would have been easy to find the info yourself by checking imdb. Since those 3 are easily recognizable actors I didn't have to check and I've seen the film a few times but you certainly could have found the answers yourself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is from Mystery Street  '50 where Jan Sterling plays a girl whose body is found and police do not have a clue originally.  She had gone missing from a boardinghouse.

One of the detectives takes a drawing of the victim and places it up on a screen (almost like a computer screen).  Then he turns on a light and draws the features of the girl from the information he has;  now getting a clearer idea of what she must have looked like.  During the investigation there is another girl trying to help the detective (I think it was Ricardo Montalban), while he is hindered by a disgruntled landlady who fears bad publicity for her boardinghouse. I think they all did fine acting jobs.  The killer was an actor I was not familiar with, but will say no more as it could be a spoiler.  I thought it was an intriguing mystery.  (I am usually able to spot most main actors or actresses and their co-stars, so this was an unusual thing for me).

lavenderblue19

I think it is from Mystery Street  '50 where Jan Sterling plays a girl whose body is found and police do not have a clue originally.  She had gone missing from a boardinghouse.

One of the detectives takes a drawing of the victim and places it up on a screen (almost like a computer screen).  Then he turns on a light and draws the features of the girl from the information he has;  now getting a clearer idea of what she must have looked like.  During the investigation there is another girl trying to help the detective (I think it was Ricardo Montalban), while he is hindered by a disgruntled landlady who fears bad publicity for her boardinghouse. I think they all did fine acting jobs.  The killer was an actor I was not familiar with, but will say no more as it could be a spoiler.  I thought it was an intriguing mystery.  (I am usually able to spot most main actors or actresses and their co-stars, so this was an unusual thing for me).

The film is Mystery Street and the guy on the right is Montalban and the guy in the middle is Bennett.   Nice film but a little static since it is a police procedural film.

One actress not mentioned so far is Elsa Lancaster.   She is great in this film in a small but important role.  

That's Jan Sterling and the guy in the middle again is Bruce Bennett and the guy on the right is Ricardo Montalban

james. As you can see from the above quote, I answered this question identifying Jan, Bruce and Ricardo. Not sure why you would have put my moniker on the question,.I already solved the Mystery Street mystery and so far you and 2 others followed my answer with an answer after I was already thanked and said you're welcome to the poster who asked the question in the first place. LOL

james. As you can see from the above quote, I answered this question identifying Jan, Bruce and Ricardo. Not sure why you would have put my moniker on the question,.I already solved the Mystery Street mystery and so far you and 2 others followed my answer with an answer after I was already thanked and said you're welcome to the poster who asked the question in the first place. LOL

My reply was meant to the other two who continued to use terms like 'I think' and 'definitely sounds like' after you clearly noted the film and actors in your initial reply.

I guess they posted before reading your post.    A copy paste error was the reason your moniker was in the quote section.   

My reply was meant to the other two who continued to use terms like 'I think' and 'definitely sounds like' after you clearly noted the film and actors in your initial reply.

I guess they posted before reading your post.    A copy past error was the reason your moniker was in the quote section.   

Thanks for clarifying  :) what's a copy post error? oh, you mean copy post, error? I'm tech challenged  :D still have problems with multi quote

Thanks for clarifying  :) what's a copy post error? 

Meant to say copy paste.   In my initial post I was advising others to 'read the post from (your moniker)'   but I didn't see that it put your moniker into the quote section and I continued on. 

Anyhow,  your very good at getting these 'what film \ what actor' is this questions.    Also, agree with you 100% about Jan Sterling.   That gal had grit and she was a fine actress of the 40s and 50s.   

• Like 1

Meant to say copy paste.   In my initial post I was advising others to 'read the post from (your moniker)'   but I didn't see that it put your moniker into the quote section and I continued on. 

Anyhow,  your very good at getting these 'what film \ what actor' is this questions.    Also, agree with you 100% about Jan Sterling.   That gal had grit and she was a fine actress of the 40s and 50s.   

Thanks  :)  always enjoy Jan Sterling's performances. I think she was terrific in Caged, Ace In the Hole and Johnny Belinda. She plays a jilted wacko in Female On The Beach, even though Joan Crawford is the star in the film, Jan holds her own.Very good actress

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings