Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Up Coming Film Introductions NO AUDIO?

JeanneCrain

Anyone else experiencing no audio introductions on up coming films following a movie showing?   :huh: 

Yes Jeanne, but you're not alone in this, and as far as I know this is not any sort of technical glitch.

The voice-overs telling us the next three movies to be shown while they show the text on screen have been absent for about a month or so.

(...budget cuts, perhaps?)

Yes Jeanne, but you're not alone in this, and as far as I know this is not any sort of technical glitch.

The voice-overs telling us the next three movies to be shown while they show the text on screen have been absent for about a month or so.

I too noticed the voice-overs telling about the next 3 movies on the schedule are missing.  They were nice to hear and we could decide if the next film (usually yes on TCM) was one we wanted to catch.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information I am glad it wasn't on my end yet PO'd it was on TCM's end…as there are numerous times I am merely LISTENING to TCM while engaged multitasking…additionally, I find not enough contrast between the text of the movie listings and their background colors to clearly read…I know, we're all getting older and it's annoyances like these that add to the unpleasant daily life of aging, which eventually motivate us into seeking alternatives...can only hope such nonsense is temporary, with the silly pucks making and approving such nonconstructive changes finding an occupation elsewhere…horrible move TCM, go back to movie introductions which can be CLEARLY SEEN as well as HEARD !

• Like 2

i think this (no audio rundown) started on Aug 1, the first day of SUTS. i suppose that this is a month long thing that will end when SUTS is over on Aug 31. however, i could be "supposing" more than i should and this is really a long-term change to the TCM run-down format for the next three movies to be shown. if it's a permanent change and there will no longer be any audio, that's a loss for viewers.

as regards the color schemes for the list of three movies upcomming on TCM, the poor color combinations were noted shortly after their introduction a couple of years ago. (in particular, white lettering on a pale blue screen is unreadable.)

so, if the audio is gone and the color combos are unreadable, then no one will know what the upcoming sequence is unless a different source is used!

I'm hoping they will magically return when SUTS is over  --  I do miss them.  If they have kicked them permanently all I can say is: "How cheap can you get??"

• Like 2

I'm hoping they will magically return when SUTS is over  --  I do miss them.  If they have kicked them permanently all I can say is: "How cheap can you get??"

Yeah, really!

Ya know lydecker, if this MIGHT all just be a matter of finances, I was thinkin' with the golden tones I CAN project with MY mellifluous voice, I'D offer to do these things for TCM at HALF the cost of those who used to do them!

But then I remembered I'm not big on all that humidity they get in places like Atlanta and all points east of the Rockies this time of year, and so I reconsidered this whole thing.

(...ya think with all this modern technology we've got today and with more and more people working from home, this could all be done from the comfort of my place here in beautiful picturesque Sedona Arizona???) ;)

LOL

Yeah, really!

Ya know lydecker, if this MIGHT all just be a matter of finances, I was thinkin' with the golden tones I CAN project with MY mellifluous voice, I'D offer to do these things for TCM at HALF the cost of those who used to do them!

But then I remembered I'm not big on all that humidity they get in places like Atlanta and all points east of the Rockies this time of year, and so I reconsidered this whole thing.

(...ya think with all this modern technology we've got today and with more and more people working from home, this could all be done from the comfort of my place here in beautiful picturesque Sedona Arizona???) ;)

LOL

Absolutely and I just know your voice would be a total improvement on all of the "so called" pros!

Absolutely and I just know your voice would be a total improvement on all of the "so called" pros!

Lemme guess here. You know THIS because of how I always uppercase certain words in sentences and thus suggesting the thought that I must AT LEAST have the concept of "Vocal Inflection" down pretty darn well, RIGHT?! ;)

Lemme guess here. You know THIS because of how I always uppercase certain words in sentences and thus suggesting the thought that I must AT LEAST have the concept of "Vocal Inflection" down pretty darn well, RIGHT?! ;)

Your avatar just SCREAMS "vocal inflection" and "mellifluous delivery" to moi.

• Like 1

Anyone else experiencing no audio introductions on up coming films following a movie showing?   :huh: 

They've been doing the listing of the next three movies at the end of each movie with no audio during the entire month of this year's Summer Under The Stars.

I don't remember if it was done this way last year.

They've been doing the listing of the next three movies at the end of each movie with no audio during the entire month of this year's Summer Under The Stars.

I don't remember if it was done this way last year.

Just to add  to my post, there was audio in the bits and the end of each movie listing the next three movies during Summer Under The Stars, but it was only music.  

There was no announcer speaking the titles and making a comment about the movies.

If the voiceovers are still gone, maybe it is a budget issue as others have mentioned.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings