Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Realizing Salo is not an option would Tcm show The Decameron, Gospel of Saint Matthew or Mamma Roma with Magnani?

I think Mamma Roma has been on.  Not sure about Gospel.

I doubt you'll see Cantebury Tales either.

No, TCM has apparently only shown Accatone and Mamma Rosa.  I can understand why they haven't shown Salo, or the trilogy of life films or Teorema.  (I'm indifferent to Teorema, while Salo and Arabian Nights are well worth watching.)  But The Gospel According to Saint Matthew is an obvious choice, and The Hawks and the Sparrows is also well worth watching.

The Gospel According to Saint Matthew" is an incredibly captivating film.

One of its most fascinating viewer pleasures is Pasolini's understanding of how to use a limited colour palate to entertain the eye in scenes and send a subtextual message.

Directors like Hitchcock and cinematographers like John Alton often were very interested in how color affects the viewer but Pasolini goes way beyond that in his construction of certain typographies in this film.

All in all, this movie is magnificent and one that TCM actually could show of Pasolini's work.

• Like 1

Fuster, I saw "Salo" when I was in Firenze, Italy recently. Quite eye-opening and fascinating. Hey am I right in thinking Primos is missing something big about you?

Do you speak Italian. And yeah, Primosprimos is definitely missing sumpin.

• 4 years later...
On 8/31/2015 at 2:04 PM, CaveGirl said:

The Gospel According to Saint Matthew" is an incredibly captivating film.

One of its most fascinating viewer pleasures is Pasolini's understanding of how to use a limited colour palate to entertain the eye in scenes and send a subtextual message.

Directors like Hitchcock and cinematographers like John Alton often were very interested in how color affects the viewer but Pasolini goes way beyond that in his construction of certain typographies in this film.

All in all, this movie is magnificent and one that TCM actually could show of Pasolini's work.

I like how he tried to reconstruct entire paintings of Giotto and Albrecht Duhrer in his films.

PASOlini?!

No no no. CHICOlini is our man here...

chico-marx-groucho-marx-duck-soup-marx-b

(...and I would've gotten him off with just a slap on the wrist if that damn war with Sylvania hadn't started!)

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, hamradio said:

Pasolini, thought that was a type of pasta. 

;)

Or at least the latest LUNCH SPECIAL at OLIVE GARDEN!  

Sepiatoni!  ;)