Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AT&T-DirecTV commerical

jakeem

I didn't verify any of those, but normally little music clips and sound bytes like that can fall under the Fair Use doctrine without any problem for commercial radio and TV.  I don't see how brief movie clips would be much different for a TV ad, unless there is a legal distinction between use in bumper music and use in an ad.

Those voices are certainly dubbed in.  I thought the same thing when I first saw the commercial.

I'm not so sure about the voices of Laurence Fishburne, Leonard Nimoy and Macaulay Culkin. Those all sound authentic to me.

Yeah, I also noticed this the first time I saw this commercial on my TV a few weeks ago and wondered the same thing.

(...BUT, what I REALLY wondered MORE about after watching this commercial was with all those smiling young faces in that crowd scene, I wondered how many of them turned to ANOTHER smiling young face next to 'em in that crowd and asked, "Who were those two old guys in black and white walking away and what movie was THAT from?")

• Like 3

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings