Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SEPTEMBER 18th at 12:00 PM: WHAT MOVIE IS THIS? THE BASTARD? OR THE BASTARDS?

AndyM108

Going through the online program, I came upon this film:

Friday, September 18th

12:00 PM
B/W
102 min
Bastard, The (1968)

Dir: Henning Carlsen. Cast:  Eva Dahlbeck, Gio Petré, Monica Nielsen.

There's no further information listed, but there's a related DVD ad below it:

BUY The Cats (aka The Bastards) DVD

In what would be one of her final roles, Rita Hayworth (Gilda) plays the alcoholic mother of two sons who are at war with each other over a case of stolen jewels.

Here's the problem:  These are two completely different movies.  The director is Duccio Tessari, and the primary cast members are Rita Hayworth, Giuliano Gemma, and Klaus Kinski.  The only things they have in common is the year of release and somewhat similar titles.

Is it too much to ask that at some point before Friday, September 18th, we find out exactly which of these movies is going to be playing?

• Like 2

Heck, Andy! I'm just surprised that your typing out the title of these movies in your query here, using the plural of the word or not, didn't come out being posted in THIS website as "The ******** " instead!!!

;)

Yes, TCM, please clear this confusing matter up.  Oh, & BTW, "Catlow" (1971), scheduled for 4:00 p.m. that day, E.S.T., is not a musical.  Thank you.

To be honest, I've lost track of the number of films that the TCM schedule has mislabeled as "Musicals".  It's been many dozens over the years, including several noirs!  I've learned to ignore it unless I know from both the cast AND the plot that the film falls into that category.

• Like 1

Heck, Andy! I'm just surprised that your typing out the title of these movies in your query here, using the plural of the word or not, didn't come out being posted in THIS website as "The ******** "!!!

;)

I guess the nanny doesn't work on the thread titles, and in the body of my comment I used cut and paste from other web pages.  But now that you mention it, I am a bit surprised that the title(s) got through without censorship.

Whoa, I say unfair!

How is it that the you-know-whats that starts with a "b" gets through here and I tried to type something about "public" morals in my post about the Beatles and it got bleeped?

And I swear, I did NOT leave the "l" out when I first posted it.

I had to change the word to "citizenry's" just to make sense of it when I edited.

Going through the online program, I came upon this film:

Friday, September 18th

12:00 PM

B/W

102 min

Bastard, The (1968)

Dir: Henning Carlsen. Cast:  Eva Dahlbeck, Gio Petré, Monica Nielsen.

There's no further information listed, but there's a related DVD ad below it:

BUY The Cats (aka The Bastards) DVD

In what would be one of her final roles, Rita Hayworth (Gilda) plays the alcoholic mother of two sons who are at war with each other over a case of stolen jewels.

Here's the problem:  These are two completely different movies.  The director is Duccio Tessari, and the primary cast members are Rita Hayworth, Giuliano Gemma, and Klaus Kinski.  The only things they have in common is the year of release and somewhat similar titles.

Is it too much to ask that at some point before Friday, September 18th, we find out exactly which of these movies is going to be playing?

You should go with what's on the listing on the schedulle rather than the DVD ad that's linked to it.

You should go with what's on the listing on the schedulle rather than the DVD ad that's linked to it.

Perhaps that's the case, but in this case when you click on the movie title on the schedule page---forget the ad---you get sent to cast and crew for the Hayworth movie, not the one with Eva Dahlbeck that's listed on the day's schedule.  Total contradiction.  It really would be nice if someone up there noticed this and got all three points of information---the schedule page listing, the linked page with the movie's cast and crew, and the ad below the listing---in line with each other.

I think the answer is to look at the listing on the Canadian schedule ...

It's the Rita Hayworth movie.

And I think I mentioned this anomaly in the September Schedule Is Up thread a while ago.

Thanks, Bogie56.  I'd never even thought of looking at the Canadian schedule as a way of cross-checking, and I hope you're right that's it's going to be the Hayworth movie.

I think the answer is to look at the listing on the Canadian schedule ...

It's the Rita Hayworth movie.

And I think I mentioned this anomaly in the September Schedule Is Up thread a while ago.

I wonder why the US and Canadian schedule's would show different actors for the movies?

That's odd.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings