Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Father and Son actors

MCannady1

Can anyone guess the name of a famous actor of the early 60's (on a TV show) and whose dad was an excellent actor in the 50's and 60's,  I just saw Woman on the Run and My Foolish Heart lately - I am afraid it is  too much of a clue!  Also, this actor in the two films was married to an actress who jumped from the Hollywood sign in the 30's,  She was step-mother to the earlier actor I mentioned.  I did see her key film and you would never know she was depressed!  .

MCannady1, you are referring to Brian Keith and his father, Robert Keith.  It was Peg Entwistle who jumped from the Hollywoodland sign.  For this kind of question, where you already know the answer, you should go to the "Games And Trivia" forum on these message boards.  There are several threads there where this question would be appropriate.  The "Information Please" forum is usually used to get a question answered that you don't know the answer to.

Sorry, I have it in the wrong section.  WIll put these trivia Q and A in the appropriate area next time. Hadn't done this before and wanted to place it here before checking out.

I think I was trying to get recognition for Robert Keith too.  He was really an excellent actor. Sadly in a magazine article I read lately Peg was very unhappy in the marriage too!  She was going to get a divorce because of mental cruelty and even DUI!  Certainly this man looked anything but intimidating, but you can never tell.  The movie I saw with PEg was Thirteen Women and she portrayed her part very well. 

When I was a kid I loved Family Affair and came to love "Uncle" Bill too!  Brian Keith was excellent in his role there and in some movie roles.  His life ended tragically too, as did poor Anissa Jones who portrayed Buffy.

I worked with another secretary in a large Aersopace company in the 80's and she told me that Anissa and her friends were her neighbors.  She and her family had to move, as they would have wild parties - during one a surf board was ridden through a window.  In her mid-teens she had been hopelessly into drugs.  Who could ever have thought that with Buffy? 

Probably my favorite role of Brian Keith's is in the Steve McQueen-starring western NEVADA SMITH, and in which Keith's character, Jonas Cord, takes under his wing and acts as mentor to a young McQueen in the title role who's hellbent on the revenge of his parent's murders.

(...this film seems a somewhat under-appreciated example of the genre, in my view)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings