Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
slaytonf

Haywire over Hayward.

Ugh is the emcee???

It's a word that best sums up my feelings about him.

LOL.

With all these caustic hints, I assume the emcee was either Jerry Lewis or Drew Barrymore.  Am I getting warm?

With all these caustic hints, I assume the emcee was either Jerry Lewis or Drew Barrymore.  Am I getting warm?

Clue: yes, and it wasn't Drew Barrymore.

Okay, maybe that's more than a clue.

With all these caustic hints, I assume the emcee was either Jerry Lewis or Drew Barrymore. Am I getting warm?

Yes, it was indeed Jerry Lewis. At the end of the clip, he for some asinine reason demands that Hayward return to the stage and take a bow. I read in "Inside Oscar" that Dorothy Kilgallen chastised him for this the next day in her column saying something along the lines of: " as if Hayward needed that creep to add more to her moment of triumph."

The 1957 show produced by Jerry Wald is considered by many to be one of the best Oscar shows ever. the 1958 show which took place in 1959 at which Hayward won was not. In fact I think it's the one that ended with 20 extra minutes of airtime where everyone just kind of stood a round on stage.

• Like 1

Yes, it was indeed Jerry Lewis. At the end of the clip, he for some asinine reason demands that Hayward return to the stage and take a bow. I read in "Inside Oscar" that Dorothy Kilgallen chastised him for this the next day in her column saying something along the lines of: " as if Hayward needed that creep to add more to her moment of triumph."

The 1957 show produced by Jerry Wald is considered by many to be one of the best Oscar shows ever. the 1958 show which took place in 1959 at which Hayward won was not. In fact I think it's the one that ended with 20 extra minutes of airtime where everyone just kind of stood a round on stage.

Egad. I cant imagine watching Jerry Lewis hosting anything. Glad I missed that one!

• Like 1

Egad. I cant imagine watching Jerry Lewis hosting anything. Glad I missed that one!

I'm really curious what the reaction is going to be when he dies. with each passing decade he seems to out-awful himself (first with the acting, then with the public behavior.)

• Like 1

I'm really curious what the reaction is going to be when he dies. with each passing decade he seems to out-awful himself (first with the acting, then with the public behavior.)

I'm sure France will go into mourning........

• Like 1

OMG. I just got around to watching the clip. I cant believe he did that. Take another bow!!! HOW STUPID.

Good thing Susan wasnt in the can or something..........

• Like 1

OMG. I just got around to watching the clip. I cant believe he did that. Take another bow!!! HOW STUPID.

Good thing Susan wasnt in the can or something..........

OMG, can you imagine how awesome it would be if, after Lewis asks for her to come back onstage, we heard Susan's husky voice bark back from offstage  "NOT NOW, I'M IN THE CAN!!!"

• Like 1

Maybe Lewis had something to do with Kilgallen's demise.

Maybe Lewis had something to do with Kilgallen's demise.

No dude, THAT WAS THE CIA.

(and I REALLY do think that.)

PS- Why, oh why, couldn't Jerry Lewis have decided to investigate the JFK assasination freelance?

OMG, can you imagine how awesome it would be if, after Lewis asks for her to come back onstage, we heard Susan's husky voice bark back from offstage  "NOT NOW, I'M IN THE CAN!!!"

LOL!!!!!!!!

this is awful

but...

There has been so much terrible news lately, I think we could really use some footage from Le State Funeral d'Jerry Lewis live from Notre Dame d'Paris, A State Holiday is declared, a week of mourning commences. Get Gerard Depardieu and that Sleazy guy who dated the Olsen twin to the give Le Eulogie, there's bound to be some hilarity involved.

Doesn't   "in the can"  mean footage that has been completed? I'm confused.

It means a lot of things............

• Like 1

When you watch the video, when Susan's name is read, you hear a shriek (Susan, I'm guessing), & she comes flying down the aisle, as fast as one can run in a evening gown with a puffed (pouffed?) skirt & heels.  So glad she finally won.  I understand Lewis bringing her back for an encore--if that's the show that had people standing around for 20 minutes before it ended, he was probably trying to use up some time.  :)

When you watch the video, when Susan's name is read, you hear a shriek (Susan, I'm guessing), & she comes flying down the aisle, as fast as she can :)

You know what would have been great?

....if Deborah Kerr- ever the lady- had stepped out into the aisle to congratulate Susan, and Susan's instincts kicked in and she just shouldered her to right to the ground and kept on heading for the endzone as if there are only five seconds to go in the game....

( provided Deborah remains uninjured in this scenario, it is funny)

• Like 4

Also in reference to the Oscar clip, I don't think Hayward could possibly have been dressed better either. That is a wonderful outfit she has on, kind of a nod to her role (her character wears a similar nightgown in a famous scene) and it's very elegant, yet sexy. And the gloves are nice too.

• Like 3

Also in reference to the Oscar clip, I don't think Hayward could possibly have been dressed better either. That is a wonderful outfit she has on, kind of a nod to her role (her character wears a similar nightgown in a famous scene) and it's very elegant, yet sexy. And the gloves are nice too.

Barbara Graham wore an elegant outfit on her way to the gas chamber?