Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have We Lost People??

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in on this new upgrade and I am happily pleased to see that the font is readable. Thank you for that......

However, after reading through several threads today, I've noticed that some good friends are missing:

For instance, where is Joe ('Moviejoe')? And Richard ('Richardny4me'), Patty ('Pattypancake'), Michelle ('Mvozus'), Madge ('Madgeowens'), Moira ('Moirafinney20'), and Sue ('Eleanorkrieger')????

Have I just missed you and any messages recently or have you forsaken us??

I hope to hear from you all soon.

I am glad to see that Mongo, Fernando, Joann, Helen and Ken are still on board!!!!!

Larry

Hi Larry....

Like you, I've been wondering the same. Some of those names have been around awhile and have contributed a lot to these boards. If they are gone,I 'm extending an invitation to return and give the new set up another try.

Ken.

Larry,

Patty has piped in and likes the new system, says its like the old days.

Madge didn't return after she had that ear infection.

Moira was having difficulty logging in prior to the change.

Others who hung in there in support of TCM are Coffeedan, Lolite with a new name Journalist2 rhyme, Path, Vallo, Sandy, Lux, etc.

Hi Larry,

How's the weather out there? I've come down to one or two 'look-ins' a week here, purely by default since my summer life is over and normal living has resumed for me. However, I've been stocking up on lots of newer, largely foreign and obscure titles lately and seem to have pushed thoughts of classic cinema out of my head. My conscience tells me I'm a traitor but I'm having fun (when I do get the chance to actually sit down and watch a film) living in the present rather than with Wallace Beery or Conrad Nagel for the upteenth time. I do look forward to seeing your recent documentary!

Johnny

I sure hope this post works, as I have been signed on via my AOL account but post after post has evaporated. I do not kno what I was doing wrong but I had to go through Netscape to sign on.

Anyway, Larry, I guess I have been here all along but completely unable to access the boards, I would suspect the same is true for some of the others!

I'm still around...while not the most prolific poster here I still like to read most topics.

Funny time of the year for me, it's always busy getting the kiddie back to school and in a routine, plus working odd hours throws me off a bit.

I have to admit, I do like the new set up quite a bit.

Cheers!

I too miss The real fuster, when I returned from vacation back in July, the realfuster was gone,I too miss her posts and I hope that she'll return to the boards soon.when we post you can't expect everyone to agree and I think that's what happened to this great addition to the message boards.............vallo

when we post you can't expect everyone to agree and I think that's what happened to this great addition [therealfuster] to the message boards.............vallo

Hi vallo, just curious of what you mean here ... surely not that she fled the boards because someone disagreed with her? I wouldn't think her the type to react suchly over disagreement, unless something specific occurred here that I missed. I enjoy her posts as well and she is an exceptional initiator of creative threads.

I'm still here, though I know I may not be known very well here, I have been reading these boards for years and have been a member on them for a while. I do enjoy so many of yalls posts and I do hope that no one will leave the boards just because of the technical changes.

-Phoebe

Lux0786, If you check the old posts under "That's it!" there was a disagreement with the realfuster and another poster.That was the last time therealfuster was on the boards. I thought that she would be back, but it will have to be our loss. unfortunately

vallo

Hello Everybody,

So glad to see that Mongo, Ken, Johnny, Richard and Nick are still here!!!!!!

And, Vallo, Lux, Sandy and Sientfan - keep on keepin' on.....

Also, I hope that Fuster comes back. You are missed..

Larry

vallo, I missed that bizarre dialogue between therealfuster and the other poster. It is truly a shame that she left over an arrogant one-off, as whoever wrote those ridiculous slams only contributed to that one thread. I realize the necessary, perhaps, for critically arguing against a thought, or a train-of-thought that one doesn't feel comfortable with, as I have done, but seriously attacking one's style or the amount of posts they accumuate is seriously silly stuff and I really don't think that's what these boards are about. I've notice more and more off-putting comments popping up lately and maybe she's better off avoiding the arena altogether. Movies sure do bring out the best, or the worst, in people, don't they?

Yeah, I checked it out too. Still surprised though that she would allow herself to be chased off by what amounts to no more than some miserable troll ... perhaps there was more to her leaving than that. Remember Erzbet. He/she left at about the same time. Well, people come and go, c'est la vie.

I'm back Larry, and thanks for wondering about me and the others! I actually dropped out of sight before this new fangled board, but I've missed it and am glad to be back. I've been very busy at work, which kept me away since I usually post at work. I also moved two weeks ago, and I've been very busy with that as well. But I'll definitely be posting more. And please keep us informed on the Pola Negri documentary, I can't wait to see it!

Hey Joe,

Glad we didn't lose you; I was beginning to wonder if you'd jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge!! (Bad joke...)

Hope you go to my "What I Did on My Vacation!" thread, as there's something in there for you!!! I won't spoil the surprise, but I was thinking about you in LA.

Larry