Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sure glad  that they showed last night the tin drum.I had not seen that in a long time,since h.b.o in the late 70's .What was really interesting  is the scene where the radio was being played and  you heard Zarah Leander  singing ,"Is it a sin to love?It would have been nice if t.c.m. doubled featured it with the 1938 German film ,"The Blue Fox. This Zarah Leander classic had this song as part of this comedy  costarring  Paul Horbinger .Since after early  2000 t.c.m has been politically  correct against showing any more film of 33 and 45 of  Germany and Austria except  what they repeated.They will show film made in japan during the war and some of the Russian  film too and hypocritically show our own  biased  classics,but not the other Genre, any more .T.cm is selfish.What's worst they are causing  desegregation of these films ,making them more poisonous than they are .This is typical of Hollywood greed and selfishness, beside over playing the winners.One day Hollywood will be pressured  by the public to put out more variety or no more money Serve all consumer of classic film or else.  The worst part is that the history channel and the American heroes channel is also double  standard .Autobiography of a dictator ,but no movie made in that period .The owners of a.m.c are double standard politically correct too ,they own the history channel .Money first film history  second .Pretending  to serve. exploiting, a bunch of dull sorry audiences Turner classic movies need to have the Joan river attitude,but,in films.No aspect of film history  should be above showing. T.c.m. only that way moderately only .

I'm sure glad  that they showed last night the tin drum.I had not seen that in a long time,since h.b.o in the late 70's .What was really interesting  is the scene where the radio was being played and  you heard Zarah Leander  singing ,"Is it a sin to love?It would have been nice if t.c.m. doubled featured it with the 1938 German film ,"The Blue Fox. This Zarah Leander classic had this song as part of this comedy  costarring  Paul Horbinger .Since after early  2000 t.c.m has been politically  correct against showing any more film of 33 and 45 of  Germany and Austria except  what they repeated.They will show film made in japan during the war and some of the Russian  film too and hypocritically show our own  biased  classics,but not the other Genre, any more .T.cm is selfish.What's worst they are causing  desegregation of these films ,making them more poisonous than they are .This is typical of Hollywood greed and selfishness, beside over playing the winners.One day Hollywood will be pressured  by the public to put out more variety or no more money Serve all consumer of classic film or else.  The worst part is that the history channel and the American heroes channel is also double  standard .Autobiography of a dictator ,but no movie made in that period .The owners of a.m.c are double standard politically correct too ,they own the history channel .Money first film history  second .Pretending  to serve. exploiting, a bunch of dull sorry audiences Turner classic movies need to have the Joan river attitude,but,in films.No aspect of film history  should be above showing. T.c.m. only that way moderately only .

I'm for more and more films made in Japan.  Survey says that is what the people want.   Power to the people.

.This is typical of Hollywood greed and selfishness, beside over playing the winners.

TCM is based in Atlanta, not Hollywood.

One day Hollywood will be pressured  by the public to put out more variety or no more money Serve all consumer of classic film or else.  

This, after the second-ever biggest summer movie season.

Note that TCM aired the old 142-minute version, not the 162-minute director's cut that was restored in 2010.  Both versions are available on DVD from Criterion.  The longer version is also on Criterion Blu-ray.

Wow, a 162 minute version of the movie. 

Well, it is the director's vision.

Well, as I recall, the book is pretty darn long, too.

I had a hard time getting through it. The first third was interesting and I liked the writing. Then the bottom fell out of it for me. It would have helped to know and not just casually but quite well, what was going on in Germany at that time. Not just surface material but in depth. There were many allusions I'm sure that the casual Deutsche-o-**** may not have got ... and for a general reader like myself, forget it. I don't think it is an easy book.

**** = p h i l e

[?]

==