Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Pope Francis?

Pope Francis denounces 'inhumane detention camps' for migrants in Christmas message

......he also said that “the light of Christ is greater” than darkness “in human hearts," The Associated Press reported.

The “Urbi et Orbi,” which translates to, “to the city and to the world,” is a now traditional moment for popes to address suffering around the world and call for change, according to the AP.

Pope Francis discussed migrants who are forced “to emigrate in the hope of a secure life” and their difficult journeys, referring to the dangers they face along the way and “inhumane detention camps″ around the world.

As migrants reach “places where they might have hoped for a dignified life,” the pope said,

they “instead find themselves before walls of indifference.”...........

"May Emmanuel bring light to all the suffering members of our human family.May He soften our often stony and self-centred hearts,and make them channels of His love. On this joyful day,may He bring His tenderness to all and brighten the darkness of this world."  ..........

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/475902-pope-francis-calls-for-hope-peace-for-migrants-in-christmas

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:04 PM, JakeHolman said:

there was war in heaven your holiness ...

What would had been the death toll if we  invaded the Japanese mainland.  :o

tenor.gif?itemid=4052922

:wub:  :lol:

==========================================

“We lose patience many times. It happens to me too. I apologise for the bad example given,” Pope Francis said.

This is supposed to be a non-movie forum, but I just couldn't help mixing up the two.  

Recently, the Pope allegedly "slapped" a woman who tugged at his arm -  

https://www.dw.com/en/pope-apologizes-for-slapping-pilgrim-woman-calls-violence-against-women-blasphemy/a-51852530

I thought of this scene from a movie we're all familiar with, I am sure - Airport (1970) - enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3j7n3PmP78

6 minutes ago, cinecrazydc said:

This is supposed to be a non-movie forum, but I just couldn't help mixing up the two.  

Recently, the Pope allegedly "slapped" a woman who tugged at his arm -  

https://www.dw.com/en/pope-apologizes-for-slapping-pilgrim-woman-calls-violence-against-women-blasphemy/a-51852530

Having seen the video the Pope did slap the woman who tugged at this arm.   To me it is clear he was upset because she tugged very hard.

The Pope's reaction was just natural (he is an animal,  like all of us),   and the women deserved what she got.          I just wish he hasn't  apologize.     Only this rude,  out of control woman needs to do that.

"this is a very big deal" says @ThomasReeseSJ

of the dispute over changing church law to allow priests to marry

"there's a great need in many parts of the world, for more priests...and many men don't want to (make a vow of celibacy)"

reports of disagreement between

@Pontifex & former Pope Benedict,

says it's unclear if it's true, but: "We can't have two Popes..When he retires, he should return to his original name..he should not wear the white..

to make it very clear, there is only one Pope"

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

"this is a very big deal" says @ThomasReeseSJ

of the dispute over changing church law to allow priests to marry

"there's a great need in many parts of the world, for more priests...and many men don't want to (make a vow of celibacy)"

reports of disagreement between

@Pontifex & former Pope Benedict,

says it's unclear if it's true, but: "We can't have two Popes..When he retires, he should return to his original name..he should not wear the white..

to make it very clear, there is only one Pope"

I doubt the RCC will change this rule.     Instead they will allow nuns to perform duties that currently only a priest can perform.  

Of course if there is still a shortage of priests and nuns to perform duties,   they will have to come up with something else,  like allowing priest to marry.

35 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I doubt the RCC will change this rule.     Instead they will allow nuns to perform duties that currently only a priest can perform.  

Of course if there is still a shortage of priests and nuns to perform duties,   they will have to come up with something else,  like allowing priest to marry.

Some early church fathers married so it is a bit odd to not allow it nowadays.