Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenL

ONLY TCM HD Channel 789 on Comcast audio out of sync again

Comcast will issue a credit.(I told her whatever she deems fair since she agreed this should not continue to impact loyal customers).  I also told her that I am not alone and thus if sufficient Comcast customers demand credit Comcast may then take notice and take  action to resolve.  She checked my account history and noticed numerous reports for same issue.

Now another complaint  to Tom K.

Stephen L

I plan to recontact S.D. in the office of T.K. on Monday if TCM HD is still out of sync.  I'll remind her to again look at her office television.  I requested from her a credit for the last month of non-service.  Interesting to see what she felt my inconvenience and lost opportunities were worth--$20.  I'll be seeing a credit for $20 on my bill during the next month or two.  Hmmm.

Since I don't do social media, I'm glad to read Devlin's post.  I hope all of you who do Facebook, Twitter, etc. will bombard them with "problems with Comcast" and "problems with TCM HD" postings.  Nice to see that StephenL is already doing such posts.  Thanks.

I wonder how many geographic regions--i.e., states--the sync problem is affecting.  Arizona, California, Chicago...  Where else?   Should we compile a list or has someone already done that?  It would be nice to be able to say when doing the above "bombardment" how many states are involved.

Another thing I don't know is whether this sync problem with TCM HD is exclusively a Comcast problem.  I am not aware if any other cable systems (Cox Communications, for example) or any of the satellite services even offer TCM in HD.   I know Comcast doesn't offer the HD version in all locations.

You remember when TCM used to broadcast quite frequently those short pieces on the value and "rightness" of letterboxing?  I haven't seen any of those lately.  I used to enjoy those mini-documentaries with Scorsese and others appearing and strongly protesting the "butchery" in place when SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS or BEN HUR are shown in "pan and scan."  I wish I could talk to the person or persons or office at Turner Classic Movies responsible for those cinema-PSA's.  You'd think those folks would care deeply about what happens to the integrity of great movies when they are broadcast out-of-sync.

David (Tucson, AZ)

Absolutely! I have a Facebook account and will immediately start posting there. I agree, we need to know about all of the regions experiencing this issue. It seems to be pretty widespread. I believe someone had commented from back east as well. I will also be calling CC again and demanding credit.

From: Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums TCM HD Channel 789 out of sync

Re: TCM HD Channel 789 out of sync
Posted by  XXXXXXXX

08-19-2016 09:58 PM

Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Very disappointing (but not surprising) that this hasn't be fixed.

Posted by

08-20-2016 03:30 PM

I have this same problem on the Toms River NJ system. It really detracts from enjoying the TCM lineup.

https://www.facebook.com/xfinity

I don't subscribe to any social media sites.    However, although a hassle, if you use Comcast chat they will provide an incident number.  If they have many incidents on this issue might help but I doubt it.

Stephen L

StephenL - 

Just read the piece from the link you posted. I'm going to try to contact the writer of that

article.

Chat was useless. Sending refresh signal, unplug and re plug your HDMI cable,

change channel to - and + from 789, what is set box serial number? etc. I told

her can she find somebody at Comcast who can turn on a TV and see out of sync.

No answer. Incidentally, she had me describe what out of sync audio with picture means.

I told her only solution is to dump Comcast and switch to Direct TV.

What a nightmare.

Stephen L

Key Largo also out of sync via TV everywhere and Watch TCM fed to Xfinity.

Could be my internet connection but I doubt it. Have used Watch Live before and was

never out of sync. Besides, I only want to watch on my HD TV.

Stephen L

Just a quick comment to Stephen about his post below. 

At least you can access WATCH TCM--even if it, too, is out of sync.  One of my many complaints about TCM has been that WATCH TCM has never worked with Comcast here in Tucson.  I gave up trying WATCH TCM a long time ago. 

David

----------------------------------------------------------------

Key Largo also out of sync via TV everywhere and Watch TCM fed to Xfinity.
Could be my internet connection but I doubt it. Have used Watch Live before and was
never out of sync. Besides, I only want to watch on my HD TV.

Stephen L

It's just unbelieveable. Yes Stephen, I think you're on to something. I think these bozos may very well be tuning into TMC instead - if they're even bothering to turn the TV on at all. Did you not get a reply from the CC people earlier and the ticket they started for you then stated the problem being with "TMC" not TCM? This is the second time they've gotten the channel wrong?

This is xfinity. This is the future of awesome.

I am sending a message to the link you've provided.

RE: I's this guy where the buck should stop: CEO of Comcast:

Sorry my error not CEO of Comcast site.

Just pulled up WatchTCM on ixfinity TV Go app on my ipad. Currently showing "Sabrina." Like all the times I've checked it before - it's working just fine - audio is IN SYNC.

thanks for Mankiewicz facebook address. I'll give it a go.

Yup. That's him. Look at the first few posts. What a surprise. I'm pretty sure he has a cold, cold heart. At least I hope he does. He is after all, a Captain of Industry. Pretty sure he wouldn't dare venture a gander at his facebook page. I feel a little sorry for the well-paid sap (er, surrogate) who monitors and maybe responds to posts - but I doubt it. More likely a robo-response eh?

Just pulled up WatchTCM on ixfinity TV Go app on my ipad. Currently showing "Sabrina." Like all the

times I've checked it before - it's working just fine - audio is IN SYNC.

thanks for Mankiewicz facebook address. I'll give it a go.

If Watch TCM on Xfinity Go is in HD feed , and not SD, then there is a massive coincidence of all our HDMI

cables out and the HDMI on the lady's who saw it out of sync on her office TV.

If Watch TCM on Xfinity Go is in HD feed , and not SD, then there is a massive coincidence of all our HDMI

cables out and the HDMI on the lady's who saw it out of sync on her office TV.

[/HD movies are coming!

No HQ at bottom of Sabrina so I think it is in SD on Watch TCM or via Xfinity

From Watch TCM F & Q.

We'll make HD movies available on Watch TCM in the near future.

Look for the "HQ" symbol to denote a movie that comes from High Definition source material.

Please be aware that the quality of your HD experience will depend on your internet connection

and device performance.]

Ok. Good to know. Guess we can assume Xfinity TV Go is in SD then.

Mmmm. It says, "A movie that comes from High Definition Source Material." I'm not too clear on this. These are old movies. Do they have to go through some kind of process to make them High Def? I don't think so.The entire programming is out of sync on TCM, including the host segments in between the movies. I've always understood that High Def is simply the transmission of a video image at a higher resolution. Again, there's stuff going on here that's way above our heads. Anyone out there who understands the tech stuff?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_Classic_Movies

Turner Classic Movies operates a high definition simulcast feed, with programs broadcast in HD presented in an upconverted 1080i resolution format; the HD feed of the network was launched in June 2009. Initial programming was not available in native high definition and was instead upconverted from standard definition, but benefited from the greater bandwidth allocated to the channel.

As of mid-November 2014, it appears TCM HD is actually

broadcasting at least some content in native HDTV as evidenced by

full-frame 4:3, 16:9, and wider screen aspect ratio content,

which was previously shrunk slightly in both horizontal and vertical size, and the obviously-now-in-HD bumper segments with Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz. On Veterans Day 2014, the 1970 film Patton was subjectively much more detailed than in past TCM HD airings,

as was the November 15 airing of On the Waterfront.