Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will Joan Bennett be SOTM in May?

*** **** it, I am so sick of WUTHERING HEIGHTS!

I'm starting to wish those dogs would just eat Cathy when she falls and twists her ankle.

LOL. I know some sing her praises, but I dont think she's right for the part. Yeah, am sure we'll be seeing THAT again.........

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Joan Bennett would be a great SOTM. She is a true beauty- a contemporary beauty at that. And I especially enjoy her in Fritz Lang films, since I'm a fan of both.

Joan comes from an "acting family" and her talent & versatility shows in her many varied film roles. I especially enjoy her subtle, mature  contribution in FATHER OF THE BRIDE. For many years I didn't realize she was the same person as her earlier noir roles!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree that Joan Bennett would be a great SOTM. She is a true beauty- a contemporary beauty at that. And I especially enjoy her in Fritz Lang films, since I'm a fan of both.

Joan comes from an "acting family" and her talent & versatility shows in her many varied film roles. I especially enjoy her subtle, mature  contribution in FATHER OF THE BRIDE. For many years I didn't realize she was the same person as her earlier noir roles!

Joan is one of my top 10 or so actresses too.  See Fritz Lang's The Woman In The Window for details.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/23/2015 at 5:51 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

It would be very easy to have 4 days of Joan Bennett programming.   It could be broken down as:

Early Joan;    Me and My Gal,  Little Women,   Mississippi,  She Couldn't Take It,  and  Big Brown Eyes 

Joan grows up;  Wedding Present,  Vogues of 1938,  The Texans,    Trade Winds,  The Man in the Iron Mask

Noir style Joan;  The Women in the Window,  Scarlet Street, Women on the Beach,  Hollow Triumph,  The Reckless Moment, 

Family Joan;  Father of the Bride,  For Heaven's Sake,  Father's Little Dividend,  We're No Angels,  There's Always Tomorrow,

Yes,  Joan Bennett for SOTM.   Above is a post I made a few years back about how TCM could do such a tribute.

TCM Programmers:  PLEASE take the hint!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1