Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will Joan Bennett be SOTM in May?

darkblue--J.D. Power & Associates is a survey company--they usually rate cars.  What rankings DownGoesFrazier is referring to I don't know.

I mentioned ranking and I was referring to the 'ranking' we all do, each and every day, when we make a decision.     e.g.  one sees a movie they would like to see on TCM but at the same time Monday Night Football is on.    By deciding to watch one of the shows one is ranking.    (of course with the ability to record programming for later there is less need to 'rank').

• Like 1

The film I'd most like to see, if Bennett got SOTM, is 1951's THE GUY WHO CAME BACK. Joan costars with Paul Douglas and Linda Darnell, as her husband and his mistress. Also with Billy Gray and Zero Mostel. Of course, if shown, hopefully on a decent copy...........I have a barely fair copy I bought online.

• Like 1

The film I'd most like to see, if Bennett got SOTM, is 1951's THE GUY WHO CAME BACK. Joan costars with Paul Douglas and Linda Darnell, as her husband and his mistress. Also with Billy Gray and Zero Mostel. Of course, if shown, hopefully on a decent copy...........I have a barely fair copy I bought online.

I've never seen that one! I wonder if TCM has ever shown it?

she'll be along later on tonite in house of dark shadows as collins family matriarch elizabeth collins stoddard. :)

jean simmons would take over the role in the 1991 nbc dark shadows revival.

Finally, some Joan news! :D

It was a Joan Bennett weekend. House of Dark Shadows Sat. morning. Trade Winds Sat. night and Scarlett Street Monday morning!

Speaking of Dark Shadows, several hundred episodes of the original serial are available on Hulu. It's interesting watching Joan in the late 60s/early 70s at that point in her career where she was 'reduced' to doing daytime television.

It was a Joan Bennett weekend. House of Dark Shadows Sat. morning. Trade Winds Sat. night and Scarlett Street Monday morning!

I'll never forget coming home from school to watch Dark Shadows one afternoon and it wasn't on.  No explanation, just off the air.  That puzzled me for years. :huh:   

It was good to see the movie the other night.  I love that world.

I'll never forget coming home from school to watch Dark Shadows one afternoon and it wasn't on.  No explanation, just off the air.  That puzzled me for years. :huh:   

It was good to see the movie the other night.  I love that world.

Yeah, it was taken off rather suddenly. They didnt have much time to wrap up the storylines. By that time the storylines were such a mess I guess it didnt matter much. I remember rushing home from school to watch it and being **** when it was preempted for something..........

Before we had recorders. Ancient times! :D

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 1

Yeah, it was taken off rather suddenly. They didnt have much time to wrap up the storylines. By that time the storylines were such a mess I guess it didnt matter much. I remember rushing home from school to watch it and being **** when it was preempted for something..........

I must be tired right now, but am I correct.to remember a recent (2-3 years ago) DARK SHADOWS movie, an update of the series, with Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper(!). Or was it an update of some other tv show or movie?

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited Quote for Language

I rushed home from school to 'listen' to Dark Shadows and watch a screen full of snow!  The weak transmission came to Toronto across the lake from Rochester and our antenna wasn't quite up to it.

But if it had vampires in it, I had to tune in.

• Like 1

I must be tired right now, but am I correct.to remember a recent (2-3 years ago) DARK SHADOWS movie, an update of the series, with Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper(!). Or was it an update of some other tv show or movie?

CENSORED ONCE AGAIN! Ever vigilant for our innocent ears. It was Michelle Pfieffer in Joan's role.....

Yes, you are correct. And you didnt miss anything. ( I saw it) :(  Why did you get censored AGAIN????

I forget who played Joan's part. (cant remember her name)

Oh, I guess it was me who was censored, for saying ******!  Even with a letter missing it gets censored! Back in grade school.......................

Edited by Hibi
Edited for language
  • Like 1

I rushed home from school to 'listen' to Dark Shadows and watch a screen full of snow!  The weak transmission came to Toronto across the lake from Rochester and our antenna wasn't quite up to it.

But if it had vampires in it, I had to tune in.

LOL. Now that is sad!