Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

Will Joan Bennett be SOTM in May?

Can I tempt anyone with some black pudding and haggis?  Yum!

OMG! I wasn't sure what that was until I looked it up. Even worse! Heave. :(

It is a very acquired taste.   Now the wife and I like it,  as well as liver and onions, but would never dare serve it to guest.

..unless it was a guest who dropped in uninvited.

• Like 1

No spam is going to keep Joan from being SOTM! Joan back on top! Take that, spam!

• Like 2

Serve the spammer(s) haggis, and Beef Wellington filled with liverwurst & black pudding!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. They'd probably like it! I hear they eat dogs over there. :D

No spam is going to keep Joan from being SOTM! Joan back on top! Take that, spam!

This is when using the 'mark all threads as read' feature works well.    e.g. read the threads in General Discussion that you want to read and than use that feature.   After that only the non spam threads will display on 'page one'  (well unless that rat post more spam).

• Like 1

This is when using the 'mark all threads as read' feature works well.    e.g. read the threads in General Discussion that you want to read and than use that feature.   After that only the non spam threads will display on 'page one'  (well unless that rat post more spam).

I have heard that the spammers want krt?--)jf76** to be SOTM.

• Like 1

...to take it back to the topic last week, a RECKLESS MOMENT/ DEEP END double feature on TCM would be marvelous.

I agree!

I'd love to see a doube feature of THE RECKLESS MOMENT and THE DEEP END.

the-reckless-moment-shepperd-strudwick-j

bfi-00n-c8y.jpg?itok=R7NJz85V

george-eastman-house-the-reckless-moment

THE RECKLESS MOMENT (1949)

deepend2.jpg

3696371_std.jpg

TheDeepEnd_2601870b.jpg

THE DEEP END (2001)

• Like 1

The spammers are not laughing. They are very serious about this SOTM campaign.

Apparently.

Thank GOD the French are not proficient at internet nefariousness. They'd attack us until Jerry Lewis was Le Estrelle du Mes.

Mon Dieu.

ps- I do not know French.

I agree!

I'd love to see a doubLe feature of THE RECKLESS MOMENT and THE DEEP END.

However, if it is hosted by Osborne, I HIGHLY SUGGEST having his heart meds and some ammonia on standby for the videotape scene.

tumblr_ncsn31deOF1s3mt48o1_500.gif

However, if it is hosted by Osborne, I HIGHLY SUGGEST having his heart meds and some ammonia on standby for the videotape scene.

tumblr_ncsn31deOF1s3mt48o1_500.gif

LOL.

Did anyone catch the Dark Shadows marathon on Decades the last 2 wknds?? It ran all day Sat and Sun. I watched many of the episodes (they weren't really that bad) and was in heaven. Felt like I was back in grade school! :D I wasn't near a computer when I realized they were showing them or I would have posted something here. Decades does a weekend salute to an old show every wknd. Unusual to do 2 wknds in a row to the same show, but I'm sure it was due to Halloween...

Did anyone catch the Dark Shadows marathon on Decades the last 2 wknds?? 

Why would we when over 300 episodes are available on Hulu without commercials-- and it's easier to go back and rewatch them anytime. No need to watch Dark Shadows on a commercial broadcast channel.

Did anyone catch the Dark Shadows marathon on Decades the last 2 wknds?? It ran all day Sat and Sun. I watched many of the episodes (they weren't really that bad) and was in heaven. Felt like I was back in grade school! :D I wasn't near a computer when I realized they were showing them or I would have posted something here. Decades does a weekend salute to an old show every wknd. Unusual to do 2 wknds in a row to the same show, but I'm sure it was due to Halloween...

I rented some of the DVDs of the pre-Barnabas episodes and found them enjoyable.

Those episodes don't seem to be available to stream. 

The storyline about David's mother was especially good.

I must admit I like the character of David a lot.

The way he tampered with his father's brakes! 

I also find the dancing at the Blue Whale a hoot.

"My name is Victoria Winters" was stuck in my head for awhile when I was watching those episodes.

I read somewhere that at one point it was planned to reveal that Victoria was the daughter of Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Joan Bennett), but after the original actor who played Victoria left the show and the role was re-cast this "reveal" was not pursued.

Check out David saying "I hate you!" in this clip:

I couldnt stand David. Then or now. UGH. Whenever anyone runs the series they start with the introduction of Barnabas, which didnt happen until 6 months after the show started. I've forgotten what was going on before that. It mostly involved Burke Devlin returning to Collinsport and getting his revenge against the Collins family. (I think he went to jail on trumped up charges or something) That soon was dropped. And the disturbed son David. (UGH). Yes, there seemed to be some past hanky panky going on with Victoria Winters' parentage, but that was also dropped as time went on. In the beginning she did all the intros, but then other characters started doing them as well. I loved seeing all the 60s hairdoos and falls. (and Carolyn's extreme flipped ends. LOL) Yeah, the dancing was pretty awful as well as the Blue Whale music (loved the name, though!)

Did you see the part where Carolyn was dating that biker, Buzz, to get back at her mother? That storyline was hilarious. She was threatening to marry him (only lasted a few weeks).......

• Like 1

I loved seeing all the 60s hairdos and falls. (and Carolyn's extreme flipped ends. LOL) .

No matter what episode you are watching in either the history of the show or the various timelines in which it took place, the hair on DARK SHADOWS is always on point.

The sets may wobble, the wrong cameras used, the special effects may underwhelm, a crew member may be visible eating a jelly donut noisily in the immediate background of a scene- but the hair- both the contemporary and the period wigs- was some-high end sixties architecture and it is flawless.

Whoever did the hair on that show probably lived in a broom closet on the set and ate cigarettes.

383520692025b87d8f8f48c2916fe2a0.jpg

• Like 2

LOL. They did have great hair. And LOTS of it! :D

and on such a budget!

i wonder if there was a rash of long-haired women being tied up and shorn in Cental park around the time of the show's production...or if someone was breaking into wig shops or something, because otherwise the hair budget for Dark Shadows hadto've been like 60% of the show's cost.

and on such a budget!

i wonder if there was a rash of long-haired women being tied up and shorn in Cental park around the time of the show's production...or if someone was breaking into wig shops or something, because otherwise the hair budget for Dark Shadows hadto've been like 60% of the show's cost.

LOL. They probably recycled and restyled a lot of them. :D

I couldnt stand David. Then or now. UGH. Whenever anyone runs the series they start with the introduction of Barnabas, which didnt happen until 6 months after the show started. I've forgotten what was going on before that. It mostly involved Burke Devlin returning to Collinsport and getting his revenge against the Collins family. (I think he went to jail on trumped up charges or something) That soon was dropped. And the disturbed son David. (UGH). Yes, there seemed to be some past hanky panky going on with Victoria Winters' parentage, but that was also dropped as time went on. In the beginning she did all the intros, but then other characters started doing them as well. I loved seeing all the 60s hairdoos and falls. (and Carolyn's extreme flipped ends. LOL) Yeah, the dancing was pretty awful as well as the Blue Whale music (loved the name, though!)

Did you see the part where Carolyn was dating that biker, Buzz, to get back at her mother? That storyline was hilarious. She was threatening to marry him (only lasted a few weeks).......

I can't help it.

I love David.

Check out the fashions in these clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlV-RHc35o