Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since the 70's Drought Areas Have Doubled. Global Warming?

darkblue

• 1 month later...

The Link Between Climate Change And ISIS...

"“One of the things that preceded the failure of the nation-state of Syria and the rise of ISIS was the effect of climate change and the mega-drought that affected that region, wiped out farmers, drove people to cities, created a humanitarian crisis that created the symptoms — or rather, the conditions — of extreme poverty that has led now to the rise of ISIL and this extreme violence.”

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/07/23/3683536/omalley-climate-change-isis/

"“One of the things that preceded the failure of the nation-state of Syria and the rise of ISIS was the effect of climate change and the mega-drought that affected that region, wiped out farmers, drove people to cities, created a humanitarian crisis that created the symptoms — or rather, the conditions — of extreme poverty that has led now to the rise of ISIL and this extreme violence.”

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/07/23/3683536/omalley-climate-change-isis/

so drought-stricken southern californians can be expected any day now to become psychopathic berserkers? :huh:

so drought-stricken southern californians can be expected any day now to become psychopathic berserkers? :huh:

WAIT! Hasn't this pretty much ALWAYS been thought by the rest of this country as a common trait of most Californians, ND???

(...in fact, you YOURSELF seem to often make this very claim around here on these very BOARDS, dude...so why the expression of shock here, HUH?!!!) ;)

LOL

WAIT! Hasn't this pretty much ALWAYS been thought by the rest of this country as a common trait of most Californians, ND???

(...in fact, you YOURSELF seem to often make this very claim around here on these very BOARDS, dude...so why the expression of shock here, HUH?!!!) ;)

LOL

because somebody made a connection between psychopathy and weather conditions. :lol:

because somebody made a connection between psychopathy and weather conditions. :lol:

OH, so then NOW the "prevailing theory" here seems to be that because Californians don't freeze their collective butts off every winter like so many of those poor unfortunate folks do in so many OTHER parts of this country of ours, THAT'S why they're "like that" out in California, HUH?!!! ;)

LOL 

OH, so then NOW the "prevailing theory" here seems to be that because Californians don't freeze their collective butts off every winter like so many of those poor unfortunate folks do in so many OTHER parts of this country of ours, THAT'S why they're "like that" out in California, HUH?!!! ;)

LOL 

no, that it is silly to attribute terrorism to climate change. :D

no, that it is silly to attribute terrorism to climate change. :D

Well, in this case, I HAVE a little "theory" of my OWN regarding this whole "terrorist" thing. Wanna HEAR IT?

It goes somethin' like this...but in question form:

WHY in the freakin' world do people REGARDLESS of their location or religion and who can't even afford to feed(or "water" for that matter) THEMSELVES, think that it would be a "good idea" to pop out a slew of kids into this world and where their little progeny's chances at finding a brighter future is or are about as long a shot as it is from THIS planet to the freakin' MOON???

(...soooooo, answer me THIS, my friend!) ;)

Well, in this case, I HAVE a little "theory" of my OWN regarding this whole "terrorist" thing. Wanna HEAR IT?

It goes somethin' like this...but in question form:

WHY in the freakin' world do people REGARDLESS of their location or religion and who can't even afford to feed(or "water" for that matter) THEMSELVES, think that it would be a "good idea" to pop out a slew of kids into this world and where their little progeny's chances at find a brighter future is or are about as long a shot as it is from THIS planet to the freakin' MOON???

(...soooooo, answer me THIS, my friend!) ;)

answer: because humanity should not give into dispair and cynicism.

people guided by judeo-christian morality do not regard human population as a negative but always a positive..

ludwig von beethoven hadda be born and live in order for us today to enjoy his music. :D

answer: because humanity should not give into dispair and cynicism.

people guided by judeo-christian morality do not regard human population as a negative but always a positive..

ludwig von beethoven hadda be born and live in order for us today to enjoy his music. :D

Nope, sorry, I disagree. Humanity, for the most part, "wants what it wants", and seldom thinks of the concept of "Cause and Effect"...the effects it causes to the planet it lives on and to the rest of the human race when it over-populates its species beyond the available natural resources to be found and utilize to its benefit, either regionally or universally...and it has little or nothing at all to do with the concepts of "despair" or "cynicism".

(...and from what I've seen of your whole "Judeo-Christian" aspect here and as it appears to be the case in ALL religions, it seems the primary motivations for "popping out a whole slew of kids" as I mentioned earlier and regardless the ability to feed and nurture them, is in the attempt to insure that there are MORE people of THEIR religion in the world than there are of "those others", and often the egotistical need to self-perpetuate their own personal "lineage")

Pentagon Signals Security Risks of Climate Change

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/us/pentagon-says-global-warming-presents-immediate-security-threat.html?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad&_r=2

"

OCT. 13, 2013

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon on Monday released a report asserting decisively that climate change poses an immediate threat to national security, with increased risks from terrorism, infectious disease, global poverty and food shortages. It also predicted rising demand for military disaster responses as extreme weather creates more global humanitarian crises."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/us/pentagon-says-global-warming-presents-immediate-security-threat.html?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad&_r=2

"

OCT. 13, 2013
  •  
  •  

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon on Monday released a report asserting decisively that climate change poses an immediate threat to national security, with increased risks from terrorism, infectious disease, global poverty and food shortages. It also predicted rising demand for military disaster responses as extreme weather creates more global humanitarian crises."

Can't wait to hear Republicans start referring to the Pentagon as effete left-wing moonbats, can you?

Global warming isn't real. It's a scam made up to make hippie scientists rich.

Can't wait to hear Republicans start referring to the Pentagon as effete left-wing moonbats, can you?

Better place your bottom line here in quotation marks before somebody around here thinks YOU are sayin' that, dark!

(...well, unless of course that IS your take on this whole thing anyway!) ;)

"

OCT. 13, 2013
  •  
  •  

Bernie Sanders on Climate Threat....

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/11/16/amid-terror-fever-sanders-refuses-back-down-climate-threat-stance

Nope, sorry, I disagree. Humanity, for the most part, "wants what it wants", and seldom thinks of the concept of "Cause and Effect"...the effects it causes to the planet it lives on and to the rest of the human race when it over-populates its species beyond the available natural resources to be found and utilize to its benefit, either regionally or universally...and it has little or nothing at all to do with the concepts of "despair" or "cynicism".

(...and from what I've seen of your whole "Judeo-Christian" aspect here and as it appears to be the case in ALL religions, it seems the primary motivations for "popping out a whole slew of kids" as I mentioned earlier and regardless the ability to feed and nurture them, is in the attempt to insure that there are MORE people of THEIR religion in the world than there are of "those others", and often the egotistical need to self-perpetuate their own personal "lineage")

I understand your argument about stressing out the earth's resources with too many people but it would be dangerous to be guided by it because eventually there would be those who would take it upon themselves to arbitrarily decide who gets what and when or even...if.

is man truly wise enough to decide who amongst his fellows should live or die? some who think the way you do (zero population growthers) would use the fact of the earth's ever decreasing resources as a justification to institute measures that many would call tyranny. control of the many by a self-elected elite few.

no sir! I pass. :)

I understand your argument about stressing out the earth's resources with too many people but it would be dangerous to be guided by it because eventually there would be those who would take it upon themselves to arbitrarily decide who gets what and when or even...if.

is man truly wise enough to decide who amongst his fellows should live or die? some who think the way you do (zero population growthers) would use the fact of the earth's ever decreasing resources as a justification to institute measures that many would call tyranny. control of the many by a self-elected elite few.

"hey, were are you going?"

"not to your world." -Dr. Clayton Forrester (orson welles)

:D

Better place your bottom line here in quotation marks before somebody around here thinks YOU are sayin' that, dark!

(...well, unless of course that IS your take on this whole thing anyway!) ;)

You mean this?

Yikes! I think I was channeling MovieMadness. That's what he used to say all the time.

Seriously, though - just kiddin' around on that one.

Ya see, there you go jumping to false conclusions again, ND.

I NEVER said, suggested NOR implied that I would support in manner whatsoever the concept of an outside entity such as a government entity, be it some "self-elected elite few" nor some more democratically elected one, should have say over who can procreate and who can not.

AND btw, this ALSO goes for many of you big believers in that "Judeo-Christian" thing, and many of whom especially lately seem intent on controlling OTHER people's actions and decisions of such by attempting to get government  involved by use of various restrictive measures in this whole "procreation" issue, TOO!

(...talk about your "Tyranny" here!)

Sounds like he must've just finished watching an episode of 'The Outer Limits' or something with that sudden "is man wise enough to decide" mood-thought, Dargs.

Yeah, sort'a like a...wait for it...

"WE will decide 'who does it' horizontally...WE will decide 'who does it' vertically" moment!

(...eh, dark ol' buddy?!) ;)