Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since the 70's Drought Areas Have Doubled. Global Warming?

darkblue

Global warming could cause sea-levels to rise by 50ft by 2500

The melting of the Antarctic Ice sheet could raise the oceans by over three feet by the end of this century - double the previous estimates, a study warned.

And its collapse could lead to an increase of almost FIFTY FEET by 2500.

The 500 year model showed it will contribute over 15 meters (49.2ft) - and more than one meter (3.3ft) by 2100 - if greenhouse gas emissions continue at their current rate.

These people are so good they can now predict what sea levels will be in 500 years, but can't say what the weather is for tomorrow. And this is what we spend billions of dollars on, lol.

LA Will Face Blackouts This Summer Due to Its Gigantic Natural Gas Leak

Though the catastrophic natural gas leak outside of Los Angeles has been contained, the repercussions are still far from over, according to a new report. For weeks leaders of the region’s utility companies have been warning customers about potential disruptions to their energy service. Today, they’re telling Los Angeles to brace for blackouts this summer.

A handful of rolling blackouts are already reality for our severely overtaxed power grid, especially in warm months. But 14 days of unreliable energy could be potentially economically devastating. The only way to avoid this happening would be to reduce overall energy demand.

This is what happens when you have liberal and Progressive Democrats running a state, they can't even keep basic things like electricity running. If it was a Republican state this would be the top story on every nightly news cast.

• 4 weeks later...

I noted that meteorologists 'overwhelmingly' believe in global warming and most of them feel it is undoubtedly caused by humans.  Yet these are the same folks that can't accurately predict the daily weather despite whatever high-tech goodies are at their disposal.  I guess I'm supposed to believe this crop of meteorological marvels over the scientists from the '70s who warned us about a coming Ice Age.  That hit the cover of Time magazine in '77, I believe.  But apparently this current crop of modern science/weather folk are most assuredly correct an' everyone else from the past was wrong and I should buy in to what they are selling in 2016.     

Shucks, I figure meteorologists are just like other folk when it comes to money: 

Grease their palms with $cabbage$ and shoot them up the slot like pinballs to spout whatever their global warming masters tell them.        

---------------------------------------------

As for air conditioning:  I will use it unapologetically when it is available until the day I die.  Period.  I don't want to be hot if I can help it. 

I noted that meteorologists 'overwhelmingly' believe in global warming and most of them feel it is undoubtedly caused by humans.  Yet these are the same folks that can't accurately predict the daily weather despite whatever high-tech goodies are at their disposal.  I guess I'm supposed to believe this crop of meteorological marvels over the scientists from the '70s who warned us about a coming Ice Age.  

Because climate and weather are the same thing. Except they aren't. And maybe you should watch a different weatherman. I know that "the weatherman is always wrong" is a joke as old as the profession, but my local forecasters are right 99% of the time.

And science doesn't care what you believe, to be frank. Your opinion doesn't change the data.

And whether or not you leave your AC on all the time doesn't matter, either, as long as it's maintained properly. The question is how to power your AC. 

• Like 1

Because climate and weather are the same thing. Except they aren't. And maybe you should watch a different weatherman. I know that "the weatherman is always wrong" is a joke as old as the profession, but my local forecasters are right 99% of the time.

And science doesn't care what you believe, to be frank. Your opinion doesn't change the data.

And whether or not you leave your AC on all the time doesn't matter, either, as long as it's maintained properly. The question is how to power your AC. 

but that data doan care if it's being effected by personal pro-climate change biases? :huh:

and bias colors judgment and effects intellectual honesty. :P

Yeah, you illustrate that with nearly every one of your posts.

but you doan dispute my point.

if alotta meteorologists are climate change embracing liberals do you say their data has been arrived at in an intellectually honest way?

obviously you doan address my point because you cannot disprove it 

and that gives me the argument.  :D

but you doan dispute my point.

if alotta meteorologists are climate change embracing liberals do you say their data has been arrived at in an intellectually honest way?

obviously you doan address my point because you cannot disprove it 

and that gives me the argument.  :D

You're the one making this issue a political one, which by definition is intellectually dishonest. You are making assumptions on behalf of the scientists involved based on your own political bias, not theirs. You assume they are liberals because they submit evidence that you don't agree with on a political basis. They could all be card-carrying conservatives for all you or I know. But then that wouldn't fit in with your preconceived notions, would it?

So you wanted to lose the argument. You just did. I don't have to argue, just letting you speak wins it for me.

• Like 2

I know some of y'all dig the notions of global warming, but I'm just not on board with that global warming stuff. 

I don't believe the meterorologsts and/or scientists in 2016 are smarter than the ones from 1977 who felt there was a coming Ice Age.  Data can be manipulated -- and often is -- by folks with an agenda.  Usually an agenda driven by $money$, power or both.

I don't say the weatherman is wrong all the time but they're certainly not right 99% of the time, either.  That's nonsense.     

My 2 cents on global warming and climate change.

No doubt we have climate change and there could even be global warming.  But that has happened many, many times in the far past, well before humans were on earth.

The key is if humans are making significant changes or impact on climate change and then how BEST can that be reduced.

You have to wonder why some people seem to distort the facts and attack the contrary view point.  The best way would be for OPEN and honest discussion and review of the facts and how to best get at the truth and improvements.

But this topic seems to be dominated by emotions and even politics rather than science.

• Like 2

There has always been climate changes in the past and we have a way to go to match the peak of around 150,000 years ago.  epica_temperature.png

I was watching on TV this past week about Australia's extincted Megalania which disappeared about 30,000 to 50,000 years ago and its demise was caused by climate change  The vast desert region of Australia was created long ago - still growing and they have become over the top with global warming considering very little of the region has been impacted by human development

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalania  

42c650968694136069026fc0380cf920.jpg

The Aboriginal people has adapted to the desert and respect but don't fear it.

index_r4_c2.jpg

This way of life haven't changed in thousands of years.

We worry?

aboriginal-elders-and-young-boys-in-cere

My 2 cents on global warming and climate change.

No doubt we have climate change and there could even be global warming.  But that has happened many, many times in the far past, well before humans were on earth.

The key is if humans are making significant changes or impact on climate change and then how BEST can that be reduced.

You have to wonder why some people seem to distort the facts and attack the contrary view point.  The best way would be for OPEN and honest discussion and review of the facts and how to best get at the truth and improvements.

But this topic seems to be dominated by emotions and even politics rather than science.

exactly. :)

I heard that the Moose is actually one species benefiting from climate change.  It has something to do with the plants they eat being available for longer periods during the year.  But I'm sure this will just mean that Sarah Pallin blows the heads off of more of them each year.

I heard that the Moose is actually one species benefiting from climate change.  It has something to do with the plants they eat being available for longer periods during the year.  But I'm sure this will just mean that Sarah Pallin blows the heads off of more of them each year.

Palin Antoinette, "Let them eat Moose!"

• Like 1

Climate Context For the Fort McMurray, Canada Wildfire...

"The wildfire is the latest in a lengthening lineage of early wildfires in the northern reaches of the globe that are indicative of a changing climate. As the planet continues to warm, these types of fires will likely only become more common and intense as spring snowpack disappears and temperatures warm..."

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/climate-context-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-20311

Climate Context For the Fort McMurray, Canada Wildfire...

"The wildfire is the latest in a lengthening lineage of early wildfires in the northern reaches of the globe that are indicative of a changing climate. As the planet continues to warm, these types of fires will likely only become more common and intense as spring snowpack disappears and temperatures warm..."

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/climate-context-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-20311

saw on nbc nightly news that it's as big as nyc. that's a big fire.