Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

russian airstrikes target anti-assad forces in syria

I had my words somewhat formulated but I had to change them after just hearing that schtootz sec. of state kerry speak at the UN.

so here is vladimir putin taking full advantage of barack obama's inherent weakness and commencing airstrikes oustensibly to fight isis but of course an urgent request from bashir al-assad must take precedence. :D I knew kerry was a schtootz but to ACTUALLY hear him repeat obama's pathetic rhetoric of a few days ago about working with anyone including russia and iran is indicative of a truely remarkable level of cluelessness. obama's words are dumb enough today but for kerry to actually repeat them is really quite pathetic. I understand. in the current cloud nine sesame street world imagined by obama and kerry, weakness is forever to be prudence.

I get it but the problem is right now the syrian people are getting it to!
and all this just a few days after the taliban reclaims a major afghan city.

outstanding!...

"isn't it?" -bugs bunny :huh:

I had my words somewhat formulated but I had to change them after just hearing that schtootz sec. of state kerry speak at the UN.

so here is vladimir putin taking full advantage of barack obama's inherent weakness and commencing airstrikes oustensibly to fight isis but of course an urgent request from bashir al-assad must take precedence. :D I knew kerry was a schtootz but to ACTUALLY hear him repeat obama's pathetic rhetoric of a few days ago about working with anyone including russia and iran is indicative of a truely remarkable level of cluelessness. obama's words are dumb enough today but for kerry to actually repeat them is really quite pathetic. I understand. in the current cloud nine sesame street world imagined by obama and kerry, weakness is forever to be prudence.

I get it but the problem is right now the syrian people are getting it to!

and all this just a few days after the taliban reclaims a major afghan city.

outstanding!...

"isn't it?" -bugs bunny :huh:

It isn't just Obama but the entire US strategy in Syria.   What the GOP wants would be even worst.     Putin is right as it relates to Syria and ISIS;    The west needs to support the Syrian government so that government along with the help of the West and Russia can wipe out ISIS.    As part of any truce the Syrian government would offer amnesty to former rebels.  Syrian refugees would then return to those areas of Syria under government control.   

Note that the bozos in the GOP wish to provide more aid to the rebels.   That just causes more conflict allowing ISIS to get stronger.   The west needs to admit their plan of supporting the repels for a quick takeover of the Syrian government was folly from the start and will never succeed and move on to a truce.   

It isn't just Obama but the entire US strategy in Syria.   What the GOP wants would be even worst.     Putin is right as it relates to Syria and ISIS;    The west needs to support the Syrian government so that government along with the help of the West and Russia can wipe out ISIS.    As part of any truce the Syrian government would offer amnesty to former rebels.  Syrian refugees would then return to those areas of Syria under government control.   

Note that the bozos in the GOP wish to provide more aid to the rebels.   That just causes more conflict allowing ISIS to get stronger.   The west needs to admit their plan of supporting the repels for a quick takeover of the Syrian government was folly from the start and will never succeed and move on to a truce.   

If the Syrian government falls, the country will be chaotic as Iraq.  Obama's objection to Russia bombing them tells us a lot. How many has died in Iraq, Libya and Syria (which were stable nations before our post 9/11 war on everyone) during the past 12 years and what has came out of it?!

EVIL is behind this!

so we should let putin prop up assad as the price of future stabilization? today mccain, most of the time a schtootz, called assad the father of isis.

we wanna get rid of isis so just how would a prolonged assad despotism facilitate that? we already know the guy is a real gasser. :D

this is real pretty. syria's a mess and iraq and afghanistan are getting away from us and these two geniuses obama and kerry wanna keep following their bleeped-up program. how stupid is that?

earlier today mccain called obama self-delusional and kerry wants to feed it. fabulous. right now isis is feeding on syrians while putin bombs their resistance. smart. maybe obama can give a big speech and scare the vodka martinis outta putin? :lol:

so we should let putin prop up assad as the price of future stabilization? today mccain, most of the time a schtootz, called assad the father of isis.

we wanna get rid of isis so just how would a prolonged assad despotism facilitate that? we already know the guy is a real gasser. :D

this is real pretty. syria's a mess and iraq and afghanistan are getting away from us and these two geniuis obama and kerry wanna keep following their bleeped-up program. how stupid is that?

earlier today mccain called obama self-delusional and kerry wants to feed it. fabulous. right now isis is feeding on syrians while putin bombs their resistance. smart. maybe obama can give a big speech and scare the vodka martinis outta putin? :lol:

Lest we forget, the whole VIET NAM maisma started with that country's civil war.  We don't need to get involved in another.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

Lest we forget, the whole VIET NAM maisma started with that country's civil war.  We don't need to get involved in another.

Sepiatone

should we then be morally prepared to ignore any future human atrocities like the gassing of civilians?

this is real pretty. syria's a mess and iraq and afghanistan are getting away from us and these two geniuses obama and kerry wanna keep following their bleeped-up program. how stupid is that?

With a truce,   Assad forces with the assistance of Russia would be able to attack ISIS forcing ISIS to go flee more to Iraq.   The US would have more resources to assist Iraq against ISIS (instead of being split between attacking ISIS and helping rebels attack Assad).     ISIS would be squeezed between two armies each backed up by the two strongest military forces in the world.    

Wake up;  The west is NOT going to be able to defeat ISIS and Assad and install a pro-western (non Islamic) government in Syria.  That just isn't going to happen.  EVEN if Assad was removed the odds are high a Islamic government would take his place (see Egypt!).   Assad is clearly the lesser of the evils even with his killing of his own folks. 

With a truce,   Assad forces with the assistance of Russia would be able to attack ISIS forcing ISIS to go flee more to Iraq.   The US would have more resources to assist Iraq against ISIS (instead of being split between attacking ISIS and helping rebels attack Assad).     ISIS would be squeezed between two armies each backed up by the two strongest military forces in the world.    

Wake up;  The west is NOT going to be able to defeat ISIS and Assad and install a pro-western (non Islamic) government in Syria.  That just isn't going to happen.  EVEN if Assad was removed the odds are high a Islamic government would take his place (see Egypt!).   Assad is clearly the lesser of the evils even with his killing of his own folks. 

and pray tell why do we not have an opposing military force in iraq??????????

somebody withdrew it despite gop objections. :D

.  (see Egypt!)

Egypt??? Morsy was ousted from power against the backdrop of a deafening silence from the obama administration.

Egypt won't mix in and why should they? oh by the way, why are mid-east leaders suddenly sucking up to putin? even the likes of netanyahu.

what does that say about the foreign policy brilliance of the obama adminstration? maybe netanyahu figures that putin at least will not try and con him.

Egypt??? Morsy was ousted from power against the backdrop of a deafening silence from the obama administration.

Egypt won't mix in and why should they? oh by the way, why are mid-east leaders suddenly sucking up to putin? even the likes of netanyahu.

what does that say about the foreign policy brilliance of the obama adminstration? maybe netanyahu figures that putin at least will not try and con him.

People in the west were happy when the dictator Mubarak was removed.   Morsi a member of the Muslim Brotherhood was elected and started to impose Islamic law in the country.   He was removed and how there is a military government.    This government no longer supports Hamas while Morsi openly supported Hamas.     You claim to be a big supporter of Israel;  The majority of people in Israel prefer the military government over the one Morsi was leading.    

The lesson in Egypt is that a military dictatorship is the lesser evil compared to an Islamic lead government.    We need to apply this lesson to Syria.   Putin gets this.  Obama AND the vast majority of the GOP and people like you do NOT get this.   

People in the west were happy when the dictator Mubarak was removed.   Morsi a member of the Muslim Brotherhood was elected and started to impose Islamic law in the country.   He was removed and how there is a military government.    This government no longer supports Hamas while Morsi openly supported Hamas.     You claim to be a big supporter of Israel;  The majority of people in Israel prefer the military government over the one Morsi was leading.    

The lesson in Egypt is that a military dictatorship is the lesser evil compared to an Islamic lead government.    We need to apply this lesson to Syria.   Putin gets this.  Obama AND the vast majority of the GOP and people like you do NOT get this.   

I doan get why you alluded to egypt. I think the egyptian military is great for ousting morsi. I think we agree.

I doan get why you alluded to egypt. I think the egyptian military is great for ousting morsi. I think we agree.

I mention Egypt because it shows that military dictatorships are better for the West then Islamic governments and this relates to Syria.   A Syria without the current military dictatorship of Assad would become an Islamic state.    ISIS is trying to do this already to both Syria and Iraq.    The West shouldn't be trying to remove military dictatorships in the middle east since it takes multiple generations for people to learn how to practice western style democracy.        

and pray tell why do we not have an opposing military force in iraq??????????

somebody withdrew it despite gop objections. :D

Are you freakin' kidding??? Ok then how about a draft so no rich kid can get out of serving in these never-ending wars and no deferments for a cyst on the ***. We never should have been there to begin with. Do you understand how many deployments these boys have had??

Are you freakin' kidding??? Ok then how about a draft so no rich kid can get out of serving in these never-ending wars and no deferments for a cyst on the ***. We never should have been there to begin with. Do you understand how many deployments these boys have had??

but you cannot deny the current potus foolishly withdrew our forces from iraq prematurely, can you???

he was warned not to but like most self-righteous egocentrics he followed his own star....

and why?...

because...

(all together now)

it's not about him. :lol: