Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

Do you know how many times I've heard Faith Goldy's name in the news in Canada in the past three months?

ZERO!

Now count the number of times Jake Holman quotes this white supremacist in this thread, and draw your own conclusions as to why.

This thread is not a reflection of Canada. It is a reflection of Jake.

6 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Do you know how many times I've heard Faith Goldy's name in the news in Canada in the past three months?

ZERO!

Now count the number of times Jake Holman quotes this white supremacist in this thread, and draw your own conclusions as to why.

This thread is not a reflection of Canada. It is a reflection of Jake.

I had never heard of her before Jake started posting her tweets. I just looked her up on Wikipedia. She sounds like yet another race-baiting opportunist. 

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I had never heard of her before Jake started posting her tweets. I just looked her up on Wikipedia. She sounds like yet another race-baiting opportunist. 

And I don't hear Canadians discussing her either. As I said this thread is a reflection of Jake Holman's priorities.

Trudeau's foreign policy amateurism has come back to bite us

Almost immediately after being elected in 2015, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau smugly proclaimed that on foreign relations, “Canada is back.” His Liberals (unlike those nasty Harper Conservatives who just wanted to make war) would “restore Canadian leadership” and “make a real and valuable contribution to a more peaceful and prosperous world.”

We would once again be proud to be peacekeepers, to be the “middle power” that “punched above its weight,” the “honest broker” who could move between superpowers and developing countries making deals that all sides trusted.

We would exercise the “responsibility to protect” because “we’re Canada … and we’re here to help.”

However, during his three years in office, Trudeau has strained nearly every international relationship Canada has, notably with the United States, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Russia and now, of course, China.

Indeed, with all the strains Trudeau’s international bumbling and moralizing have caused, Canada has been left to battle China largely by itself. Not many other nations have been prepared to stand up for us with Beijing, apparently not even in private.

When two Canadians were seized by the Chinese government in December, and a third had his 15-year sentence for drug dealing raised to death, countries such as the U.K., Australia and France would normally have been expected to put a word in for their release without much prompting.

But thanks to the failings of Trudeau’s foreign policy, Canadian diplomats apparently have had to go to traditional allies and seek their interventions, which reportedly have been half-hearted in many cases.

Trudeau was sure his emoting and caring would produce superior results to the harder-nosed manners of the Harper years. But there is little real-world proof to back that up.

In his 2018 book on the Trudeau government’s foreign policy, “A Selfie with Justin Trudeau,” former Liberal government insider Jocelyn Coulon revealed that Trudeau is “incurious” about foreign affairs. That’s a polite way of saying Trudeau is dense about international issues and relations.

Don't forget about India, and that embarrassing trip where he dressed up and prayed to everyone.