Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

Okay Vautrin! Whaddaya tryin' to do here? Make Jake REALLY mad with this bit of information or somethin'???!!!

(...I mean maybe he didn't already know this, and MAYBE you should learn to just let sleeping dogs lie, as they say!!!)

LOL

Well, there's an escape hatch here. The song was written by a

black man. OTOH, he was a black guy from up north, New York

to be specific. How about a rousing chorus of this one, which

also contains the work "darkey" in one verse. History can be strange.:

Hurrah! Hurrah! we bring the jubilee!

Hurrah! Hurrah! the flag that makes you free!

So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea

While we were marching through Georgia.

Well, there's an escape hatch here. The song was written by a

black man. OTOH, he was a black guy from up north, New York

to be specific. How about a rousing chorus of this one, which

also contains the work "darkey" in one verse. History can be strange.:

Hurrah! Hurrah! we bring the jubilee!

Hurrah! Hurrah! the flag that makes you free!

So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea

While we were marching through Georgia.

Well, I know at least Gen. Sherman would be proud of ya here, anyway!

(...wherever he is)

Florida also has an official state song that had it's lyrics changed, but the whole thing is sung in a pidgin slave dialect, and it's about an old slave longing for the days of the plantation. Stay classy, Florida!

"Old Folks at Home", by Stephen Foster, 1851

Way down upon de Swanee Ribber,
Far, far away,
Dere's wha my heart is turning ebber,
Dere's wha de old folks stay.
All up and down de whole creation
Sadly I roam,
Still longing for de old plantation,
And for de old folks at home.

Chorus
All de world am sad and dreary,
Eb-rywhere I roam;
Oh, darkeys, how my heart grows weary,
Far from de old folks at home!

2nd verse
All round de little farm I wandered
When I was young,
Den many happy days I squandered,
Many de songs I sung.
When I was playing wid my brudder
Happy was I;
Oh, take me to my kind old mudder!
Dere let me live and die.

3rd Verse
One little hut among de bushes,
One dat I love
Still sadly to my memory rushes,
No matter where I rove.
When will I see de bees a-humming
All round de comb?
When will I hear de banjo strumming,
Down in my good old home?

Florida also has an official state song that had it's lyrics changed, but the whole thing is sung in a pidgin slave dialect, and it's about an old slave longing for the days of the plantation. Stay classy, Florida!

"Old Folks at Home", by Stephen Foster, 1851

Way down upon de Swanee Ribber,

Far, far away,

Dere's wha my heart is turning ebber,

Dere's wha de old folks stay.

All up and down de whole creation

Sadly I roam,

Still longing for de old plantation,

And for de old folks at home.

Chorus

All de world am sad and dreary,

Eb-rywhere I roam;

Oh, darkeys, how my heart grows weary,

Far from de old folks at home!

2nd verse

All round de little farm I wandered

When I was young,

Den many happy days I squandered,

Many de songs I sung.

When I was playing wid my brudder

Happy was I;

Oh, take me to my kind old mudder!

Dere let me live and die.

3rd Verse

One little hut among de bushes,

One dat I love

Still sadly to my memory rushes,

No matter where I rove.

When will I see de bees a-humming

All round de comb?

When will I hear de banjo strumming,

Down in my good old home?

Haven't seen it lately, but TCM has shown a short of African-Americans in Florida singing the song.  Probably made in the 30's or 40's.

Well, I know at least Gen. Sherman would be proud of ya here, anyway!

(...wherever he is)

Considering Uncle Billy's predilection for fire, he might be down

below somewhere. I don't think the devil would take the If directed

there, I will not go shtick from Sherman. I used to live in Georgia

and he is not well remembered there for some reason. :)

Considering Uncle Billy's predilection for fire, he might be down

below somewhere. I don't think the devil would take the If directed

there, I will not go shtick from Sherman. I used to live in Georgia

and he is not well remembered there for some reason. :)

Ironically Sherman was president of the state military college that is now LSU before the Civil War.

Ironically Sherman was president of the state military college that is now LSU before the Civil War.

I remember that in the documentary Sherman's March, the

director Ross McElwee mentions a number of times Sherman's

residence in the South before the war.

I remember that in the documentary Sherman's March, the

director Ross McElwee mentions a number of times Sherman's

residence in the South before the war.

Actually lived in Charleston as well for a time before the war.

After weeks of debate, Canadian lawmakers have passed legislation to legalize physician-assisted death.....

The Canadian government introduced the bill in April and it passed a final Senate vote Friday. It includes strict criteria that patients must meet to obtain a doctor's help in dying. As we have reported, a patient must:

• "Be eligible for government-funded health care (a requirement limiting assisted suicides to Canadians and permanent residents, to prevent suicide tourism)."
  • "Be a mentally competent adult 18 or older."
  • "Have a serious and incurable disease, illness or disability."
  • "Be in an 'advanced state of irreversible decline,' with enduring and intolerable suffering."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/18/482599089/canada-legalizes-physician-assisted-dying?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160618

Justin Trudeau joins Canadian superheroes for Marvel Comics cover
trudeau-comic-cover-20160628.jpg

Make way, Liberal cabinet: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will have another all-Canadian crew in his corner as he suits up for his latest feature role — comic book character.

Trudeau will grace the variant cover of issue No. 5 of Marvel's "Civil War II: Choosing Sides," due out Aug. 31.

Read more CBC >

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/justin-trudeau-joins-canadian-superheroes-for-marvel-comics-cover-1.3655625

9608570443_a15606ddf3_o.gif

Syrian Migrant Men Placed in Canadian High School, Sexually Harassing Young Girls

screen_shot_2016-06-29_at_12.53.16_pm.jp

Rebel Media has uncovered an upsetting scenario in a New Brunswick Canada high school where Syrian migrant men, many in their twenties, have been dumped into classrooms and are wreaking havoc on students.

Read more Truth Revolt >

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/syrian-migrant-men-placed-canadian-high-school-sexually-harassing-young-girls

Pres. Obama was first president since Reagan to address Canadian Parliament.  At the end, the members rose in a thunderous, standing ovation and chanted "Four More Years!"  If only it were possible.

• Like 2

Syrian Migrant Men Placed in Canadian High School, Sexually Harassing Young Girls

Rebel Media has uncovered an upsetting scenario in a New Brunswick Canada high school where Syrian migrant men, many in their twenties, have been dumped into classrooms and are wreaking havoc on students.

I don't know about the accuracy of this report. It's difficult to initially deal with a blaring headline until enough time has passed to possibly discover the true facts behind the story. But, to me, this story has the stench of conservative media hate propaganda about it, especially since I'm having difficulty find any similar reports from the mainstream media.

Rebel Media is founded by Sun Media, a renowned conservative media organization in Canada.

I don't know about the accuracy of this report. It's difficult to initially deal with a blaring headline until enough time has passed to possibly discover the true facts behind the story. But, to me, this story has the stench of conservative media hate propaganda about it, especially since I'm having difficulty find any similar reports from the mainstream media.

Rebel Media is founded by Sun Media, a renowned conservative media organization in Canada.

That's why the site is called Truth Revolt. A Place where you will get the truth and not some watered-down reporting from the Liberal MSM.

Have a nice day.

That's why the site is called Truth Revolt. A Place where you will get the truth and not some watered-down reporting from the Liberal MSM.

Have a nice day.

Yes, I know, Jake, the Liberal media that "can't be trusted."

It will be interesting to see if this article has any legs to it. Or is it just going to be another one day wonder. If it lasts for just a day or two, so much for the "truth."

I heard that there were stories in Britain of immigrants attacking British women during the BREXIT referendum, too. It's a very familiar pattern of propaganda that the right wing likes to employ, stoking fears in an uncertain segment of society.

Thank God in America Donald Trump is above doing anything of that nature, eh, Jake?

We've had our share of gun violence in Canada and even a spate of cops killing young black youths in a questionable manner.

But I couldn't help notice that a big news item up here a few days ago at the height of the US Dallas shootings coverage was kids playing street hockey and what should be done about it.  

We've had our share of gun violence in Canada and even a spate of cops killing young black youths in a questionable manner.

But I couldn't help notice that a big news item up here a few days ago at the height of the US Dallas shootings coverage was kids playing street hockey and what should be done about it.  

Big concern in US now is how to control the Pokemon GO disaster.

Canadian Gov’t Will no Longer Call Islamic State by its Name

The Canadian government has announced its decision to no longer refer to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/ISIS) by its name and will instead call the group by the Arabic acronym Daesh.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/09/07/canadian-govt-will-no-longer-call-islamic-state-name/

PC Nonsense

Canadian Gov’t Will no Longer Call Islamic State by its Name

The Canadian government has announced its decision to no longer refer to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/ISIS) by its name and will instead call the group by the Arabic acronym Daesh.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/09/07/canadian-govt-will-no-longer-call-islamic-state-name/

PC Nonsense

Trump refuses to call them Daesh claiming it is too hard to read from a teleprompter.

• Like 1

Canada economy takes biggest quarterly drop in 7 years, grows in June

Let's see how they do at $60 oil for a couple of years. And why people think it is so clean when they have raw sewage and mining pollution being leaked on a massive scale is unbelievable. I wouldn't eat anything brought in from Canada, hopefully they get their act together someday.

Let's see how they do at $60 oil for a couple of years. And why people think it is so clean when they have raw sewage and mining pollution being leaked on a massive scale is unbelievable. I wouldn't eat anything brought in from Canada.

Not even poutine?

• Like 1

How about oilsands soaked duck. They seem to love Canada too until they land.

tp-edm-oil-soaked-bird.jpg

Duck ala noir.  With a little baby seal tar tar on the side.  Yum.

Canadians favour screening would-be immigrants for ‘anti-Canadian’ values, poll shows

OTTAWA—Two-thirds of Canadians want prospective immigrants to be screened for “anti-Canadian” values, a new poll reveals, lending support to an idea that is stirring controversy in political circles.

Conservative MP Kellie Leitch, a candidate in her party’s leadership contest, has floated the idea of screening newcomers for their attitudes on intolerance toward other religions, cultures and sexual orientations and reluctance to embrace Canadian freedoms.

A new Forum Research Inc. poll for the Star shows that Leitch may be tapping into an idea that Canadians favour with 67 per cent saying immigrants should indeed be screened for “anti-Canadian values.”

The Star > https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/09/10/canadians-favour-screening-immigrant-values-poll-shows.html

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES, WIPE 'EM OUT.