Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SansFin

We have been visited by the smartphone spam fairy!

STOP STOP Spamming us whoever you are

Why are you doing this?

TCM board admin and techies, can't you do anything about it?

SansFin, this is no "fairy". Fairies are supposed to be nice. Even the bad ones are at least interesting. But whoever is doing this to our boards, male or female, one person or many, former or current members or someone from somewhere else, they are not fairy-like.

More like a monster.

whoever, whatever you are 

STOP IT YOU'RE DRIVING ME BONKERS ! ! ! :blink:  

I thought from the thread title you were gonna complain about me bringing up hot spell. :lol:

• Like 2

I thought from the thread title you were gonna complain about me bringing up hot spell. :lol:

Or someone watching "Hot Spell". :P

I'm trying to figure out what does the South Koreans have against us? :unsure:

By the way, who are the others? :blink: 

spam_by_origin.png

I am intrigued by the fact that- according to this pie chart- the US is responsible for 11% of spam worldwide.

I'd like to think that right now some Korean-based classic movie or music or tv discussion forum is being constantly bombarded by spam like:

DOWNLOAD ARROWSMITH 1931 RONALD COLEMAN, HELEN HAYES- OSCAR NOMINEE BEST PICTURE

posted by abcdefg

NUDE PHOTOS OF MARIE DRESSLER, WALLACE BEERY. CLICK HERE!

posted by BeaArthurLives101

HAPPY LUCKY FORTUNECOOKIE FLOWER DRUM SONG NANCY KWAN TWO FOR ONE PEARL CREAM SPECIAL!!!

posted by thismakesnosensemwahahahaha11

WHY WILL TCM KOREA REFUSE TO PLAY HOT SPELL???!!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SHIRLEY BOOTH?

posted by djkahjkhfjksfh

And they're all shaking their heads at the nonsensical letters and symbols and wondering when they can get back to discussing the Korean music scene or Klassic Korean cinema...

• Like 5

NUDE PHOTOS OF MARIE DRESSLER, WALLACE BEERY. CLICK HERE!

Marie would have to be really drunk to strip and us drunker to click... :blink:

ac1.gif

• Like 1

They have now posted In a legitimate thread in Off Topics, instead of posting their own ************* thread! :unsure:

and posted @8:24pm, when Mod went offline @8:21pm

:o

Has everyone noticed that misswonderly's thread on the subject of how the spam bothers her, which was getting some pretty fair discussion, has mysteriously vanished?

That seems pretty weird. Was something said in there that isn't supposed to be said?

• Like 2

Has everyone noticed that misswonderly's thread on the subject of how the spam bothers her, which was getting some pretty fair discussion, has mysteriously vanished?

That seems pretty weird. Was something said in there that isn't supposed to be said?

It was apparently consolidated/intermingled into this thread - it's down there.

Now someone find the wine thread - I miss the chuckles.

• Like 1

It was apparently consolidated/intermingled into this thread - it's down there.

Now someone find the wine thread - I miss the chuckles.

Oh, wow! Mashing together threads!

What'll they think of next?

• Like 1

again new batch starts @11:13pm, right AFTER Mod appears to have gone offline @10:59pm.....

<_<

So they're avoiding the moderator. We need to all chip in and hire a moderator for the graveyard shift.

• Like 4

So they're avoiding the moderator. We need to all chip in and hire a moderator for the graveyard shift.

looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-st

"looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..."

• Like 3

The subject headings references 500BOX.

Here's information on the user that posted:

laddyki166 Member Since Today, 08:07 PM

OnlineLast Active Today, 08:28 PM

laddyki is back, but the user name is now laddyki906. 

It looks like he/she is promoting something similar today (November 5) that he/she was psting about on October 5. 

It seems that "ladylady" is working tonight's shift.  They just clocked in and have gone to work spamming as I'm typing this. 

EDIT: For a while, I thought that ladylady had walked off the job or something, because the posting briefly stopped.  It seems that they're back now, except they have something on their user name which makes it appear that they're offline, but they're obviously online because new posts keep popping up.  Maybe ladylady was taking a potty break or something.  Lol. We'll see how long tonight's reign of terror lasts.

Edited by speedracer5

It seems that they're back now, except they have something on their user name which makes it appear that they're offline, but they're obviously online because new posts keep popping up.  

It is possible to use: Incognito mode when signing-in. This prevents your name being listed as viewing threads. I have it as standard because I am not only one who uses this computer to browse forum and I do not wish people to believe I am here when I am not.

It seems that "ladylady" is working tonight's shift.  They just clocked in and have gone to work spamming as I'm typing this. 

EDIT: For a while, I thought that ladylady had walked off the job or something, because the posting briefly stopped.  It seems that they're back now, except they have something on their user name which makes it appear that they're offline, but they're obviously online because new posts keep popping up.  Maybe ladylady was taking a potty break or something.  Lol. We'll see how long tonight's reign of terror lasts.

ladylady is no lady.

The spam this afternoon was promoting MAXx79.COM.

Spam promoting MAXx79.COM has also appeared recently on the message boards for astrogaming.com, empireonline.com, espguitars.com and writerscafe.org as well as the message boards for other sites.

Like the spam on the TCM message boards, the ones on these other sites were also in some Asian language.     

The spam this afternoon was promoting MAXx79.COM.

Spam promoting MAXx79.COM has also appeared recently on the message boards for astrogaming.com, empireonline.com, espguitars.com and writerscafe.org as well as the message boards for other sites.

Like the spam on the TCM message boards, the ones on these other sites were also in some Asian language.     

..but we still haven't figured out which one?

Hey, what happened to my [...] post? Poofed!

**** post? There was a **** post and I missed it? Damn.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language