Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We have been visited by the smartphone spam fairy!

Let me get this straight.  Is 'Spam" the threads written in what looks like an Asian language that keep popping up on the Board?  (I saw one just underneath this thread in this Forum).  If so, what is the object except to bug the heck out of us legitimate posters?  I'm never been certain what Spam is in regard to e-mails or other posting.  Can it harm our computers? 

That other Spam comes with cheese chunks?  I love the turkey, hickory and bacon flavors and will look for this one.  Thanks!

wouldbestar--yes, spam is in the useless posts that are in some Asian language--& I'd say slaytonf got the reason it's being sent.

Edit: About harming your computer--DON'T click on the links.   Links usually have some kind of malware (things designed to harm your computer) designed to Hurt your computer.  PLEASE Google "malware--technical websites explain things Much better than I.

wouldbestar--yes, spam is in the useless posts that are in some Asian language--& I'd say slaytonf got the reason it's being sent.

No -- it's not Asian. It's the Martian language from 5 million years ago!

• Like 1

Let me get this straight.  Is 'Spam" the threads written in what looks like an Asian language that keep popping up on the Board?  (I saw one just underneath this thread in this Forum).  If so, what is the object except to bug the heck out of us legitimate posters?  I'm never been certain what Spam is in regard to e-mails or other posting.  Can it harm our computers? 

That other Spam comes with cheese chunks?  I love the turkey, hickory and bacon flavors and will look for this one.  Thanks!

Lol.  I don't know if "Spam With Cheese Chunks" exists anymore.  I'm "friends" with "Vintage Recipe Cards" on Facebook which shows old recipe cards (lots of stuff with Aspic) and old food products and ads.  It is fascinating.  Anyway, this graphic popped up on my Facebook feed and I thought it sounded horrible.  They really could have picked a more appetizing name than "Spam with Cheese Chunks" in my opinion.  I googled it and it looks like since whenever "Spam with Cheese Chunks" debuted, the name has since been amended to "Spam with Cheese." 

The multiple college/university topics were back again tonight.  They're able to post as many as a dozen or more per minute from the same account, so they must have some kind of automation tools being used.  It's too bad that the moderators do not appear to have any easy changes for the message boards that would diminish these attacks.

• Like 1

When in danger or in doubt
Run in circles scream and shout

I prefer to run down dark alleys at night, with plenty of noir lighting. I pretend I'm in an old British noir, with angry Arabs with long knives chasing me.

OnTheWaterfront2.jpg

I prefer to run down dark alleys at night, with plenty of noir lighting. I pretend I'm in an old British noir, with angry Arabs with long knives chasing me.

OnTheWaterfront2.jpg

So now we're considering On The Waterfront British noir? 

Aaaahhh.... those angry Arabs running the longshoremen's union.

So now we're considering On The Waterfront British noir? 

Aaaahhh.... those angry Arabs running the longshoremen's union.

Well, dang! It's the only "running through a noir alley" photo I coulc find! Anyway, the Arab is behind the truck.... Rocco El Ayoob Rossi is driving it.

someone else may've brought this up, but it just occurred to me THE IMPORTANCE OF OUR "LIKING" ONE ANOTHER'S POSTS....

Because, even if the spam is 20 pages deep- you can click on the thing at the top of the screen that alerts you who liked what you wrote and it has a link to that post in that thread- thus a "back door" where you can bypass the solid Wall O'Spam and bring forth an ACTUAL thread from beneath the Spam without having to back through pages and pages of Korean and arrows and names of universities and whatever the Hell else they use.

you all know what i mean?

• Like 1

someone else may've brought this up, but it just occurred to me THE IMPORTANCE OF OUR "LIKING" ONE ANOTHER'S POSTS....

Because, even if the spam is 20 pages deep- you can click on the thing at the top of the screen that alerts you who liked what you wrote and it has a link to that post in that thread- thus a "back door" where you can bypass the solid Wall O'Spam and bring forth an ACTUAL thread from beneath the Spam without having to back through pages and pages of Korean and arrows and names of universities and whatever the Hell else they use.

you all know what i mean?

Sounds unnecessary. All you have to do is reset your Custom filter to 'Topics I've replied In.' Since you will never reply to a spam thread, you will never see spam by updating your filter in such a way.

OK, SansFin--9:00 p.m. Monday--subject being "getting your GPA" from ANY college" (They sent that in one of last weeks' attacks & I counted over 60 colleges' initials used.)

You win the pool! Your guess was much closer to today's spamfest than mine. I hereby award you: 1000 Internet Point. They are redeemable for 50 Internet Hugs or 10 Internet Chocolates. I hope you enjoy your prize!

• Like 1