Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We have been visited by the smartphone spam fairy!

I don't quite understand why every time there's spam, people rush to this thread to post about it. It's like if we had a thread about rain and snow. And every time people saw something falling down from the sky, they posted about it. 

Now, there's in idea!

• Like 1

’Twas Hvbrueelgs, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
      The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
      The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
      Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
      And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
      The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
      And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
      The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
      He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
      Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
      He chortled in his joy.

’Twas Hvbrueelgs, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

This really is a classic, which should be published.

• Like 1

hey, maybe they're not happy with tcm's programming either. :lol:

Ya know ND, ya might be RIGHT here!

Yep, I just translated the following Korean symbols that were shown on some of these spams....

온라인바카라

...into English, and ya know WHAT?! The internet translation website I used said these were the Korean words for...yep, you guessed it..."HOT SPELL"!

(...what's the chances, EH?!) ;)

• Like 5

wow, who knew the Nipper was so subversive AND technically proficient ?! :o

Now now, Mr.6! Don't go jumpin' to any false conclusions here that ND is behind all this Korean spam.

Nope, and I'll tell ya how I know this for sure...

When I translated those Korean symbols, the internet translator showed that those symbols were correct and proper in their Korean use of all capitalization and punctuation. And not only THAT, but when I tried to REVERSE translate the word "doan" into Korean, that internet translator could NOT come up with any kind of Korean symbol for THAT.

(...and so naturally bringing us to the conclusion that ND could NOT an any manner be behind all this Korean spam, and because it would NOT fit with his usual M/O around here!!!)

;)

• Like 1

Posting during this constant barrage of spam reminds me of what the British went through during WW II.

As I have indicated previously, I do not see the spam interruptions. I have my filters set so the spam does not appear when I click on a forum or sub-forum. 

Perhaps if TCM corporate had spent more money getting better message board software (and people to administer it) than on wine and "Let's . . . " promos this forum would not be hacked daily!! Ah, priorities!  On the other hand, perhaps this is an extension of the "Let's" campaign  --  "Let's Spam!"

Lydecker

Perhaps if TCM corporate had spent more money getting better message board software (and people to administer it) than on wine and "Let's . . . " promos this forum would not be hacked daily!! Ah, priorities!  On the other hand, perhaps this is an extension of the "Let's" campaign  --  "Let's Spam!"

Lydecker

Personally, I am hoping for a Let's George campaign that will ensure George Sanders become a TCM Star of the Month sometime in 2016 or 2017. Is that too much to ask..?

• Like 1

It's almost as if someone has a vendetta against TCM or posters.  Very curious.

That's what I always think -- Why us?  Why not spam an Isis recruitment board, or a political party you don't like.  We're just a small harmless group of old movie fans.  Is it all because I said I didn't find Ingrid Bergman particularly pretty?  I take it back!

• Like 2