Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We have been visited by the smartphone spam fairy!

I guess it's time to haul this back out of storage. At least they seemed to take a slight break over the holidays.

Yep, but unlike in the past, it now seems there are 3 or 4 different "new member" spammers goin' at it all at once this evening!

COME ON, TCM ADMIN CORPS! THERE HAS TO BE A WAY IN WHICH THESE ALMOST NIGHTLY OCCURRENCES CAN BE STIFLED, NOW ISN'T THERE???!!!

(...I dunno, maybe program this site, and has been suggested before by some of us, so that any "new member" must post a small specific number of posts within already existing threads before they are "allowed" to start their own threads?) 

• 3 weeks later...

Realizing I'm in a super craptacular mood today for my own reasons, and realizing this is probably just feeding the hole where these spammers souls should be, but seriously.

I mean, if they're going to keep doing this all the time, could there at least be some tangible *** ****** endgame? Could they, oh I don't know, actually title these spam posts with something a little more alluring, a little more clever, a little more IN ****ING ENGLISH so as to achieve something of a master plan?

God, can you imagine if stuff like this starts happening in real life? Like, you're in line at the drugstore and all of a sudden fourteen people making noises like those THREE SESAME STREET ALIENS just meandered in front of you. And the cashier was all "um, can i help you?" and they were all "mwaw mwaw mwaw, neep neep neep..." and wouldn't move out of the way?...and there's like four people who just want to buy gum and Red Bull who have to just stand there going "what the hell?"

y'know, now that they mention it, they might be on to something. It probably feels PRETTY DAMN GREAT to go around and be a cog in the machine for no express purpose than to HOLD UP SOCIETY IN GENERAL and gain sustenance from being A TOTAL HOLE with no conscience each and every day.

I bet it FEELS GREAT, like a warm feeling all over. I've never done cocaine, but I bet it's JUST like that (cheaper too.)

"oh, oh, your wasted time and frustration is so yummy to me! Like sugar! Mmmm, yes, yes, let me taste it as you lose any sense of purpose in life and give up because the simplest tasks in the world have been rendered near impossible by my own selfish nihilistic desire to make everyone else as angry and empty on the inside as I am....yes, yesss...so yummy, so yummmmy!"

I'm going to go out right now and find a loooooong line at a Starbucks, and when I get to the front of the line, I'm going to start yelling "CHING CHONG PING PONG 777 RUTGERS UNIVERSITY SUPER HAPPY GOLDEN BISCUIT PLAN" over and over and over and REFUSE TO MOVE until securitah removes me. And then when I get bailed out of jail, I'm going to go to the local bookstore and start ripping books and magazines out of people's hands while they're reading them and saying "unfortunately PEOPLE MAGAZINE has crashed. Would you like to send an error report?" or even better, i'm going to attend as many church services as possible while holding a big 1980's style boombox on my shoulder playing something by PLASTIC ONO BAND at top volume.

yES...YAAAAAS.

I am off to perform my grand social experiment, I shall return to let you know how it all works.....mwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Like 4

I mean, if they're going to keep doing this all the time, could there at least be some tangible *** ****** endgame?

It is my understanding that there is a variety of spammers who want a great quantity of posts on otherwise legitimate sites so that search-bots such as Google and Bing will add the names mentioned in the subject of the post to their findings and record a high number of hits for them.

It is in this way that the posts are not truly aimed at members of a forum. Their purpose is to make search-bots 'believe' the names in the subject line are widely popular and so will present them on the first page when some person does a search for that type of thing.

• Like 1

Realizing I'm in a super craptacular mood today for my own reasons, and realizing this is probably just feeding the hole where these spammers souls should be, but seriously.

I mean, if they're going to keep doing this all the time, could there at least be some tangible *** ****** endgame? Could they, oh I don't know, actually title these spam posts with something a little more alluring, a little more clever, a little more IN ****ING ENGLISH so as to achieve something of a master plan?

God, can you imagine if stuff like this starts happening in real life? Like, you're in line at the drugstore and all of a sudden fourteen people making noises like those THREE SESAME STREET ALIENS just meandered in front of you. And the cashier was all "um, can i help you?" and they were all "mwaw mwaw mwaw, neep neep neep..." and wouldn't move out of the way?...and there's like four people who just want to buy gum and Red Bull who have to just stand there going "what the hell?"

y'know, now that they mention it, they might be on to something. It probably feels PRETTY DAMN GREAT to go around and be a cog in the machine for no express purpose than to HOLD UP SOCIETY IN GENERAL and gain sustenance from being A TOTAL HOLE with no conscience each and every day.

I bet it FEELS GREAT, like a warm feeling all over. I've never done cocaine, but I bet it's JUST like that (cheaper too.)

"oh, oh, your wasted time and frustration is so yummy to me! Like sugar! Mmmm, yes, yes, let me taste it as you lose any sense of purpose in life and give up because the simplest tasks in the world have been rendered near impossible by my own selfish nihilistic desire to make everyone else as angry and empty on the inside as I am....yes, yesss...so yummy, so yummmmy!"

I'm going to go out right now and find a loooooong line at a Starbucks, and when I get to the front of the line, I'm going to start yelling "CHING CHONG PING PONG 777 RUTGERS UNIVERSITY SUPER HAPPY GOLDEN BISCUIT PLAN" over and over and over and REFUSE TO MOVE until securitah removes me. And then when I get bailed out of jail, I'm going to go to the local bookstore and start ripping books and magazines out of people's hands while they're reading them and saying "unfortunately PEOPLE MAGAZINE has crashed. Would you like to send an error report?" or even better, i'm going to attend as many church services as possible while holding a big 1980's style boombox on my shoulder playing something by PLASTIC ONO BAND at top volume.

yES...YAAAAAS.

I am off to perform my grand social experiment, I shall return to let you know how it all works.....mwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

UFs4oud.jpg

Oh, STOP! NO! Don't!!

ROFLMAO!!!

• Like 1

Could they, oh I don't know, actually title these spam posts with something a little more alluring, a little more clever, a little more IN ****ING ENGLISH so as to achieve something of a master plan?

Wow, Lorna! I had no idea that you could be so...well..."culturally insensitive", dude?!!!

(...lemme guess here...you just received some Chinese-made wall units from Amazon, and while trying to make sense of the instructions sheet, your frustration level has risen enough to spur this post of yours here, RIGHT?!)

;)

It is my understanding that there is a variety of spammers who want a great quantity of posts on otherwise legitimate sites so that search-bots such as Google and Bing will add the names mentioned in the subject of the post to their findings and record a high number of hits for them.

It is in this way that the posts are not truly aimed at members of a forum. Their purpose is to make search-bots 'believe' the names in the subject line are widely popular and so will present them on the first page when some person does a search for that type of thing.

Ooooh.

Ok. Thanks.

I feel better knowing there is at least SOME rationale going on.

thanks.

Oh.

But let's remember here that that stuff is for use while bathing and not for snorting, okay?!

Actually, the irony of Chinese bath salts is you get, like, nine tines MORE HIGH if you use them as intended.

When they arrested me, i was naked, wet, and furiously shaking a scrub brush at a very confused neighbor.

• Like 2

When they arrested me, i was naked, wet, and furiously shaking a scrub brush at a very confused neighbor.

This reminds me of the person who stated that he quit drinking because of a single incident: he awoke naked in a police car with a hooker and he was driving.

• Like 1

This reminds me of the person who stated that he quit drinking because of a single incident: he awoke naked in a police car with a hooker and he was driving.

So... he's no longer their Chief of Police..?

• Like 6

Hey, as the old saying goes, "If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em", right?!

I wonder how I'll look in one of these getups?...

5a5d2acb11999fe17a582286b7f74118.jpg

(...I think this one just might complement by beautiful brown hazel eyes)

I can so see you in this outfit riding your motorcycle, Dargo...

I'd probably have'ta ride sidesaddle though, wouldn't ya think Eugenia???

(...well, unless of course I could maybe find some kind'a culotte versions of 'em, anyway)

• Like 2

I just pictured you over a wok. :lol:

chinese_chefs_with_woks_web.JPG

Well, actually ham, after I retired from the airlines, for a short time I DID work in the kitchen at this one Korean BBQ restaurant here in Sedona, but Sun Ye the owner had to let me go after just a short stint there.

(...He said I woked too much on the wide side after that little grease fire I started)