Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SansFin

We have been visited by the smartphone spam fairy!

On Online User List it reads....

default_large.png jhona001 Posting in forum:   General Discussions 02 November 2015 - 12:33 AM
  • user_add.png
  • email_open.png
default_large.png
Google Viewing Topic:   ▶? 인천오피 ? 부천오피 ? 부평오피 ? 천안오피 ?OPCLUB09 컴 02 November 2015 - 12:33 AM No options available
default_large.png
Bing Viewing Topic:   TV Movies You'd Like to see on TCM ... once in a while 02 November 2015 - 12:33 AM No options available
default_large.png
Google Viewing Topic:   ▶《천안오피》강남오피?안산오피((?))『OPCLUB09?COM』

-hmmmmm :ph34r:

I wonder if installing "capchas" when you post would solve the spam issue.  I know people will find capchas annoying (myself included), but I also find a billion spams annoying as well.

I googled "OPClub09" and "Fok500" (or whatever it said) from the thread titles and the google results show a whole bunch of forums with the same thread titles that we have.  

They figure mods are asleep sunday night U.S time so this is when they attack.

Some boards have a limit to how many threads you can make in a day. There are all sorts of ways to deal with it. Its one of those things you get in a free world. 

Unfortunately, when you restrict them, you restrict everyone else.

Wow, as of this morning the General Discussions thread is about 23 pages deep in spam.  Maybe it is time to rethink the posting policies for new or inactive users, in particular the permissions granted on creating new threads and number of posts allowed per day, until a probationary period has passed where account holders have proven themselves.  It looks like these spam accounts have been registered shortly before they start hammering away.

• Like 3

yup, as of now 2 spammers in both GD & Filmmakers forums. It's gotta be by machine, so sudden and SO many!! Is the language really Korean? It looks like Alien cryptography!

Could it be our friend Klatuu trying to force peace on us again??

We could call it THE DAY THE BOARDS STOOD STILL.....

:o

and clever enough to wait til Mod is offline again

Just WHAT is the POINT of this nonsense any way??

What do they GET out of this?

After about 23 pages of it, I would say it is similar to a denial-of-service type of attack.  Basically rendering the board inaccessible or useless.

Basically rendering the board inaccessible or useless.

It might seem that way...but there are other ways to view posts and avoid the spammers. 

There are now 52 pages of spam on General Discussions. It started around 11:30 p.m. last night.

Some people have strange ways to deal with insomnia.

Some people have strange ways to deal with insomnia.

They must! I can think of better ways to deal with sleeplessness.