Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SansFin

We have been visited by the smartphone spam fairy!

Thanks, moderator1. Excellent job cleaning up all that spam for us just now.

It's always disheartening to see a new attack begin.

• Like 2

Moderator(s): 

Can you advise if TCM and/or Invision have any plans to make some changes to how registration and/or posting works on the boards as a means to combat the spam? Or if there aren't any concrete plans in place, are there any plans to have plans? 

Thank you for helping to keep the boards clean.  I'm sure cleaning up the boards is turning into a full time job.

• Like 4

Thank you for helping to keep the boards clean.  I'm sure cleaning up the boards is turning into a full time job.

It probably is...and they're getting better about it. 

I think Lorna's recent photos are suggesting that the recent spam epidemic has reached catastrophic levels. Is it really that bad? Especially when you can use the Custom feature to set your filter in a way that removes those unwanted threads. 

TopBilled--were you HERE last night???  I am just commenting on the number of spam posts--every Board was filled--some ******* was posting spam in the Cruise Ship Board even!!!!!!!!!

TopBilled--were you HERE last night???  I am just commenting on the number of spam posts--every Board was filled--some ******* was posting spam in the Cruise Ship Board even!!!!!!!!!

Yes film lover, I checked in last night and this morning. But recently I set all my filters from 'All Topics' to 'Topics I Replied In.' So because I don't reply to spam threads, none of those come up when I click on any of the forums or sub-forums. So it basically doesn't matter if some outside entity is spamming this website; I never see it.

I really don't mind the spam.  It's easy enough to ignore and go past it.  What bothers ME is I wish the so-called "thread" titles were in ENGLISH!

Sepiatone

I really don't mind the spam.  It's easy enough to ignore and go past it.  What bothers ME is I wish the so-called "thread" titles were in ENGLISH!

Sepiatone

I did learn in the Off Topic forum a banana has about 85 calories.  :lol:

(info spam??) :unsure:

Sepiatone

What difference would that make? You think the spam "threads" would make sense, would prove to be legitimate film discussion topics if only we could understand Korean ? (or whatever it is.)

When we used to get spammed (oh, those good old days when it was only three or four spams per forum...),often the thread titles would be in English. But so what, they were still nonsensical, stupid, meaningless message board clutter, not real threads.

• Like 2

I find this more recent spate of spam to be most unfortunate because there is thread which I would very much like to post but it requires to be effective period in which there is no significant spam. Perhaps next month ...

Sepiatone

You sound like Donald Trump. Everyone should be speaking English.

What would be better than people speaking English, would be if they could speak it correctly.

I'm tired of hearing people say things like:

"I had went to the mall to buy a Chia pet for my baby mama."

"Her and him are married but very unhappily."

"Bob gave the bail bond money to I."

"I will clean up the mess after we've ate."

What would be better than people speaking English, would be if they could speak it correctly.

I'm tired of hearing people say things like:

"I had went to the mall to buy a Chia pet for my baby mama."

"Her and him are married but very unhappily."

"Bob gave the bail bond money to I."

"I will clean up the mess after we've ate."

Is this how many cave people speak? Even in Philly it's not THIS bad.