Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forgot Name of Movie

lizann

It was a movie about these young teenagers (I believe Mickey Rooney was one) and how he was in love with this girl. She was not interested but was still friends with him. She was into the USO dances for the guys and told her dad that she was going out with her guy friend instead of going to USO dance that he forbid her to go to. She talked her friend into letting her drop him off at the movies while she went to the USO dance. She did not show up until the next morning to pick him up and she had been drinking. Somehow she married one of the service men and neither one of them used a real name when they got married. She found herself pregnant and her guy friend tried helping her by marrying her before the word got out. Does anyone have any idea on the name of this movie. Not good with names and my mom brought it up and I told her how I loved that movie and she had not been able to see the whole thing yet. So I want to get it for her! Please help!

You're thinking of the hilarious wartime farce The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (1944) starring Betty Hutton as the girl, Eddie Bracken as her hapless boyfriend and featuring William Demarest as the perpetually irate father. It was directed by Preston Sturges and was considered daring in its day.