Cary Grant

Gary Cooper

For the most part but hold the right to change my

mind again tomorrow

Eddie

P.S. Good to see all of the new posters

It was time for some new blood

Good effort eh Effort

Man, I can't believe how freakin' square you guys are! People who were born in the '60s, '70s and even the '80s who actually like the crap movies of crap actors who have been dead for 30 and 40+ years now. That stupid Jean Harlow has been dead for 67 years, and harlowkeatongirl thinks she was the world's greatest actress. Then there are those who think black & white is better than color, those who despite new stuff, those who regard the stupid big band sound as the best in the world...and there are some real idiots on this board who regard musical numbers as music videos.

My favorite classic actor? NONE. My favorite classic movie? Only have one: The Wizard of Oz.

Sorry for the somewhat "offensive" outbursts, but I am an '80s who loves watching old MTV tapes (even though its now THE worst station on television) and watching '80s movies. I came here because my girlfriend is a huge fan of Natalie Wood, and I am considering breaking up thanks to her interests.

You're Funny. I somewhat agree but conditionally: Come on now you don't like watching Ava Garner, Lana Turner OR Gable, Power? Considering, what do we have now? Ben NON Affect or worse, any adult cartoon flick in release that any thinking person can easily miss!

I am not a fan of today's crap either. I like the '80s.

Also, the music of the pre-1960s (especially from the silent era through World War II) is among the worst ever cut (even worst that today's rap/crap, and that's saying something!)

And I certainly think that people (like harlowkeatongirl, msladysoul, stoneyburke666) around here are overestimating stupid B-movies and B-actors and trying to say they are better than big stars.

They remind me of a guy in a newsgroup who pushes these ultra-obscure records and tries to elevate them over obviously more well known ones and claims these obscure acts were more influential than big stars of the day.

Well, Greg, just for an example, I happen to think that Marilyn Monroe is one of the world's most overrated female celebrities that ever existed.... yet there are millions that adore her and think she was a very gifted and special lady. And that's great.

To each their own, as they say. With different perspectives come different reasons for those perspectives.

... Kind of like the perspective that you are simply a bored troll... who places no real importance on any of these statements you've made, but rather on the anticipated reaction you hope they may get. :)

> Man, I can't believe how freakin' square you guys

> are! People who were born in the '60s, '70s and even

> the '80s who actually like the crap movies of crap

> actors who have been dead for 30 and 40+ years now.

> That stupid Jean Harlow has been dead for 67 years,

> and harlowkeatongirl thinks she was the world's

> greatest actress. Then there are those who think

> black & white is better than color, those who despite

> new stuff, those who regard the stupid big band sound

> as the best in the world...and there are some real

> idiots on this board who regard musical numbers as

> music videos.

>

> My favorite classic actor? NONE. My favorite classic

> movie? Only have one: The Wizard of Oz.

>

> Sorry for the somewhat "offensive" outbursts, but I

> am an '80s who loves watching old MTV tapes (even

> though its now THE worst station on television) and

> watching '80s movies. I came here because my

> girlfriend is a huge fan of Natalie Wood, and I am

> considering breaking up thanks to her interests.