Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FOX STUDIO CLASSICS FOR FEBRUARY

edgeciff

According to the flyer in one of recent studio classics dvd I purchased it states three films for February in the FOX classic series: A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN which stars Dorothy McGuire, Joan Blondell and James Dunn. This is one of my all-time favorites; DADDY LONG LEGS which stars Fred Astaire and Leslie Caron, also one of my favorites and PINKY which stars Jeanne Crain and Ethel Barrymore. Apparently the last named item has been pulled and will be released in January instead for some reason. Apparently FOX is playing around with some of their titles. Originally NO WAY OUT was to be a Studio Classic, then a Film Noir. What gives? I don't know what title will replace PINKY in February. Am still waiting for BLOOD AND SAND, WOMAN'S WORLD and FOREVER AMBER. Hope these three titles will be forthcoming.

Next year already seems like it is going to be filled with plenty of new releases, these films from Fox are long overdue. I am in particular really looking forward to getting DADDY LONG LEGS. But Edge you are right, Fox should be releasing more films - a look at Amazon indicates if they are marketed properly, they can easily outsell the new releases. Anyway, all of the films you mentioned are long overdue on DVD, especially Forever Amber, which really needs to be released, especially with the original ending, if FOX still has it.