Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SLEUTH - NEW CABLE CHANNEL

edgeciff

According to an article in the L.A. Times, NBC Universal is launching a new cable channel on January 1, 2006 called SLEUTH, showcasing crime, mystery and suspense films and TV shows. It states that they will cull from their vast library of movies and TV shows. I am hoping this new cable channel will not just run old TV movies and old TV programs, but also utilize classic motion pictures from the Paramount as well as the Universal films libraries. It would also be nice if SLEUTH would be a commercial free network, but in all probability this is not likely.

I'm not going to hold my breath. If NBC is involved I'll bet it will be more recent films and series because they want that prized 18-29 audience. As for Universal, they've been sitting on an untapped goldmine with all the Paramount pre-48 movies they own, not to mention their own classics. and they've shown very little interest in putting most of those out.

• 11 months later...

Just got a look at the new Sleuth channel and I am happy I get to see The Equalizer again, but if you go their site and look at their movies you will be disappointed. You may recognize a few titles from the past, but that is all there is from the past, the title.

Dead Reckoning - starring Rick Springfield

This Gun for Hire - starring Robert Wagner as Raven

This is a Universal channel. With some of the things they have turned out in the past, why can't they show something from the Forties, etc.?