Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DOES ANYONE BUY LOST NITRATE FILMS?

thepaperhut

About 5 years ago I obtained 16 reels of 35mm nitrate film. I've researched them through AFI, IMDB, etc... and believe a few of the titles are "lost" films. Though hightly volatile, some are in excellent condition. The most promising is "THE SCORCHER" 1927 Rayart. It's a full length silent comedy about a young man who wins his girl, and the big motorcycle race. I think it would be quite suitable for a TCM silent Sunday night. I've been led to believe that I may have the only copy of this film. I've been urged to donate these films to AFI, but have been hesitant, hoping they may have a value. Does anyone out there know of a market for these old films. Another, in excellent condition, is JACK WINS HIS WINGS, a one reel naval recruiting film from about 1929, also silent. In poor condition are SLAVE DAYS Tiffany, undated, and one missing the credits, but labeled SAILOR COMIC. Also have 8 reels of THE LOST ZEPPELIN 1929? which is documented and in existence. If anyone knows of a party which may be interested in buying these films, let me know or them know. My e-mail address is paper.com@verizon.net I have these films stored in a climate controlled environment and know of the hazards of handling them. Any information on a potential owner or existence of these films, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tauber

May I suggest contacting Criterion through their website www.criterionco.com - they are one of the best archivers of classic films, and they may be interested in obtaining them. But consider donating the films to either AFI, the UCLA archive, or the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Any one of these organizations would welcome a donation like that and would take the time, money and effort to restore and preserve the films for future generations.