Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Movie Tunes Get Stuck In Your Head?

" I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby" from " Bringing Up Baby" always gets stuck in my head when I see the movie- also "Luck Be A Lady Tonight" from "Guys and Dolls." A more modern and annoying song is " You're The One That I Want" from Grease!

I'm puttin on my Top Hat..and I've been singing a part of a song from The Marx Brothers " I think "Horse Feathers" Groucho singing to Margaret Dumont at the end of the movie, "I've got a message from the man on the moon for you".....

vallo

I belong to a ice skating group. I am a real regular there. They can always tell what I have been watching on TCM by my suggestions for skating music. Right now, I have been campaigning for Jeff Buttle to skate to Dances with Wolves.

carla

many.....

Pass That Peacepipe from Good News--Joan McCracken at her best

Free and Easy from film of same name--Buster Keaton is terrific

Let Yourself Go from Follow the Fleet--great Ginger Rogers number

Mr. Paganini from Rhythm on the Range--great Martha Raye song

The Ruins of Berlin---Marlene Dietrich in A Foreign Affair

Two Lost Souls from Damn Yankees---Gwen Verdon and Tab Hunter!!!

anything from On the Town, Kiss Me Kate, Pajama Game, Funny Girl, Oklahoma, The Broadway Melody, Hollywood Revue of 1929, Cabaret, The Boy Friend, 42nd Street and all those other wonderful early Warners musicals!!!

"Lets Call The Whole Thing Off" from Shall We Dance always gets stuck in my head for days at a time, but since I know most of the words I don't mind. I only mind when I get part of the song stuck in my head. For a long time I kept getting "Wouldn't it be Loverly" from My Fair Lady stuck in my head but only like three lines from it. That was annoying even though I really like the song

At least most people here know the name of the song living in their head, I have no clue. Movie: The Bandwagon. Fred and Cyd are going for a ride through the park in a horse drawn carriage. They are about to preform Dancing In The Dark, which I consider one of th greatest dance numbers ever filmed. As they are walking toward the dance area, a melody is playing. Cannot get that melody out of my head, yet I have no idea what the name is. Somebody help me before I go insane.

Cash

The songs from 'Kiss Me Kate' get stuck in my head too,particularly that one 'Wonderbar'. I don't mind most of the ones I've named getting stuck,but there are some that even though I may like the song,it's annoying when it gets stuck in my head-as someone below mentioned,some of the songs from 'My Fair Lady',like 'I Could Have Danced All Night'. And 'Come and meeeeet,those dancing feee--eeee-eeet,on the avenue I'm taking you to,42nd street'-that one really gets stuck!

Thanks Dan. Pride myself on knowing just about every song written before 1955, but have never heard a recording of this one. Probably why I couldn't get it out of my mind. One thing for sure, has Astair written all over it.

Hope this gets through, having some trouble posting.

For me it tends to be the scores from my favorite films. In particular, all of the music from the Ben-Hur soundtrack. I actually have the soundtrack & play in often.

I also love the music from "The Color Purple" and strangely enough, the whole time I was in Marine Corps Boot Camp, the theme from "The Vikings" kept playing in my head over & over.

I'm sure I take home the odd trophy for that one!

just watched A Damsel in Distress and will be humming songs from that underrated film. Nice Work If You Can Get It.... sung by Jan Duggan as the lead madrigal singer... I Can't Be Bothered Now and Things Are Looking Up.... great stuff by Gershwin.... then there are those lyrics from A Foggy Day.... " out of town were the people I knew."

I'd second many of the choices given ... they're all good ones. I love the big Berlin Crosby Christmas films, Holiday Inn and White Christmas ... I've always enjoyed Holiday Inn more as a film, but last year I really focused on the songs (and the presentations) in White Christmas, and they are really special, very well done, and you can see the actors were having a ball. I tend to have a sight image, too, when I think of those songs now.

I know that these songs weren't necessarily written for the film (some? none?), but they fit very well and I associate them with the film .... of course, except for White Christmas, which I continue to associate more with Holiday Inn (I know the song was not written for that film either).

and today for NO reason I'm doing songs from Going Hollywood (1933)....underrated musical starring Marion Davies and Bing Crosby.....some of the best songs from any 30s musical...... Bing gets to sing "After Sundown," which I'm doing today (lol) as well as "Temptation," "We'll Make Hay While the Sun Shines," "Going Hollywood," "Beautiful Girl," and "Our Big Love Scene." Crosby is at the very height of his singing powers in this film and is still jazzy rather than the later bland ballad stage. His phrasing in the "Going Hollywood" number is excellent and his version of "Temptation" complete with huge closeups of Fifi D'Orsay and the bizarro crowded dance floor is just astonishing. It's like an MTV music video 60 years before there were music videos. Fun film filled with great songs.....

Hm, what was that "I've got something to sing about now (?)" song that James Cagney lip-synchs at the beginning of one of his minor 1935-1936 movies? The one where he goes to Hollywood? For some reason it comes back to me often, but then nobody has ever accused me of having good taste :)

Never mind, found it. It was "Something to Sing About" (1937), not surprisingly :)

Message was edited by:

AlexM