Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cowdrey

DEBORAH KERR-CARY GRANT

I have written Robert Osborne several times with no response to this question. Anyone out there ever notice what I did and do notice everytime I see Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant in An Affair to Remember? In every single kissing scene, just before their lips meet, the camera lowers to their feet or moves away and in the very final scene on the couch, just as they start to kiss, she suddenly turns her head and just puts her cheek to his cheek. It is just so noticeable to me every time I see it. This is supposed to be one of the great romantic movies of all time, and yet, there never is a single kiss. There was something going on, i.e., they were not getting along, one of them had bad breath, she didn't like kissing him, etc. I have been obcessed with finding the answer to this question for years. I bring it up at parties and anyplace I can. Sure thought that Robert Osborne could answer. He seems to know everything. I know he could do some investigating and get an answer. Maybe you have the answer. No guesses, please.

Someone please help.

Curious

I remember seeing a clip about Cary Grant , and the women said he had bad breath and didn't use deorante or soap because he was weird that way and i always wondered if that was so because he was such a dream boat,but that would explaine why she never kisses him,

> I remember seeing a clip about Cary Grant , and the

> women said he had bad breath and didn't use deorante

> or soap because he was weird that way and i always

> wondered if that was so because he was such a dream

> boat,but that would explaine why she never kisses him,

Huh. First time I've ever heard that one.

I think it may just be a deliberate tease that makes you want more. Astaire and Rogers did the same in most of their films--any kisses either were interrupted or behind a door, or some such--until the public clamored so for them to clinch that they finally did (quite lengthily, too) in Carefree.

Cary Grant was married to Betsy Drake at that time and she put him in a psychotherapy program in which he took LSD. he was also in love with Sophia Loren whom in met on the set of their movie "The Pride and the Passion" in 1957. prior to "An Affair to Remember" she showed up on the set which may or may not caused those non-kissing scenes.

vallo

It is interesting though, because Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant were in 2 other movies together - Dream Wife and The Grass is Greener. I don't remember if they kiss in The Grass is Greener, but they do in Dream Wife. And you see it, so....I thought they did kiss in An Affair to Remember, like on the boat...but that one was quick I guess.

Hi,

Since Cary Grant was a major star and male heart-throb, I can't see him going about unhygienic.

Under the studio system, both men and women were given lessons in deportment and elocution as well as speech, singing and dancing. Health and cleanliness would definitely be offered too.

At MGM, Lillian Burns ran many stars lives, mostly women, but certainly men also and she would never have allowed a star to go out in public dirty and smelly. She would have laid down the law, even to Cary Grant. I know this for sure, since I knew Lillian Burns quite well. She was a darling, but could be a tyrant. After Louis B. Mayer, she ran MGM........

Larry