Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

not dead yet

NipkowDisc

I saw a piece on nbc nightly news sunday evening about the resurgence of the audio cassette tape. seems like the last couple of years more have been sold than ever before.

we were all told to think CD and digital music and turns out the audio cassette has way more shelf life than optical media discs. it's that foil-like laminate! too thin. so here's this guy running his own cassette distribution company and he's got this old cigarette packaging machine leftover from the 1930s wrapping up cassettes. neat. :)

No worries there, except for a device to PLAY them on!

My old "twin cassette" player crapped out some time ago, and my CAR only has a CD player in the radio.  And, THOSE are disappearing, too.

But, still have a ton of my old tapes, and so does my daughter(who still has a WALL full!) and as soon as I get something to play them on, I'll be in "hog heaven"!

Still have a good turntable and a healthy stack of vinyl LPs, too!   ;)

Sepiatone

No worries there, except for a device to PLAY them on!

My old "twin cassette" player crapped out some time ago, and my CAR only has a CD player in the radio.  And, THOSE are disappearing, too.

But, still have a ton of my old tapes, and so does my daughter(who still has a WALL full!) and as soon as I get something to play them on, I'll be in "hog heaven"!

Still have a good turntable and a healthy stack of vinyl LPs, too!   ;)

Sepiatone

my philips fw-c250 mini hi-fi system which someone discarded and I scrounged out of a trash room has a twin cassette deck and I got some old cassettes layin' around in a drawer. :)

I saw a piece on nbc nightly news sunday evening about the resurgence of the audio cassette tape. seems like the last couple of years more have been sold than ever before.

we were all told to think CD and digital music and turns out the audio cassette has way more shelf life than optical media discs. it's that foil-like laminate! too thin. so here's this guy running his own cassette distribution company and he's got this old cigarette packaging machine leftover from the 1930s wrapping up cassettes. neat. :)

Cassettes are great for on the spot recording.  I have a great Optimus Dual Deck with Full Logic control with my entertainment system.  Still have a lot of tapes.

Sample photo of my SCT-56

maxresdefault.jpg

Cassettes are great for on the spot recording.  I have a great Optimus Dual Deck with Full Logic control with my entertainment system.  Still have a lot of tapes.

Sample photo of my SCT-56

maxresdefault.jpg

I never got in big technologically with cassettes but kept it simple with LPs, a receiver, 2-way bass reflex speakers and a turntable from Radio Shack. (which I shoulda kept)

I never got in big technologically with cassettes but kept it simple with LPs, a receiver, 2-way bass reflex speakers and a turntable from Radio Shack. (which I shoulda kept)

pretty good-looking turntable too with it's wood grain base and belt-driven metal plate. :)