Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dave02720

Charlie Chan films ...

I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this topic, but I was just curious as to everyones opinion about The Fox Movie Channel not airing any "Charlie Chan" films because of political correctness. I'm not sure if they will ever release any more of the "Chan" films on DVD, besides the "Chantology" that's already available ...

Dave

These are the Charlie Chan movies on DVD that you can get from Netflex: The reason they are not on FMC is that they want you to buy the DVD.

Charlie Chan: Meeting at Midnight (1944)

Charlie Chan in Black Magic

Harebrained detective Charlie Chan (Sidney Toler) is back doing what he does best -- solving crimes -- and this time, he's after a mysterious killer who has ties to the occult. Just as the trail ...

Charlie Chan: The Scarlet Clue (1945)

Detective Charlie Chan's (Sidney Toler) latest case takes him to a radio station where soap actors are creating havoc and a killer is among them. Potential suspects include the slave-driving soap ...

Charlie Chan: The Chinese Cat (1944)

Sidney Toler is back as the legendary Charlie Chan, the brilliant detective who manages to find the solution to nearly every puzzle. In this episode from the popular 1940s television series, a chess ...

Charlie Chan: The Jade Mask (1945)

The latest assignment for respected yet goofy detective Charlie Chan (Sidney Toler) has come directly from the government and involves the disappearance of a scientist named Harper (Frank Reicher), ...

Charlie Chan: The Shanghai Cobra (1945)

A string of murders has led detective Charlie Chan (Sidney Toler) to investigate a possible correlation to the production of radium. As employees at a bank associated with the research continue to ...

Charlie Chan: The Secret Service (1944)

Wily detective Charlie Chan (Sidney Toler) is sent to investigate the murder of a brilliant inventor who was likely killed in exchange for access to his classified project -- a high-powered weapon ...

Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Dragon Queen (1981)

Click to rate the movie "Not Interested"2.5 Stars

The iconic and enigmatic gumshoe Charlie Chan (played by the legendary Peter Ustinov) takes on a most perplexing case and heads to the City by the Bay, San Francisco, to solve it. Victims are ...

Allie: The films you listed wouldn't be on FMC anyway. Fox doesn't own them, they are the Warner owned Monogram titles.

Fox is supposdly going to release their surviving Chan and Moto films on DVD in the next few years.

FYI: Chantology is Warner

Warner Oland is the best Charlie Chan, in my opinion, and I'm glad to know that later this year will see the DVD release of four of the Oland/20th Century Fox Chan films...

Warner Oland is the best Charlie Chan,

I like Sidney Toler the best, with Warner a close second.

However, Roland Winters should be boiled in a vat of oil for what he did to the character.

Oh, and Mantan Moreland was wonderful, as was Sen Yung.

Dave, you don't want to know my thoughts on PC and what the morons who espouse it should go do with themselves. Just THINK of what they are trying to deny those who have no exposure to the entire Chan experience. It just boggles the mind and I can't do the subject justice without getting very, very, very angry.

Message was edited by:

stoneyburke

Whomever plays Chrle Chan, I'd just like to see them all. Now why in hell doesn't TCM aire them instead of their usual often seen things that for most part ought to be wearing ever so thin...

Lol, I watched all the Charlie Chan films on TV all during my childhood, but I never knew there were two different guys playing Charlie Chan until I was almost 50 years old. The actors look alike to me. Lol.

Oh, suuuure. The old "all non-Chinese actors who played Charlie Chan look alike to me" insult. Watch out! The PC police are everywhere!