Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Back to the Future Part II" and the year 2015

jakeem

In the 1989 time-travel sequel "Back to the Future 2," the 1985 versions of Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and Jennifer Parker (Elisabeth Shue) arrive in Hill Valley, California on October 21, 2015. One of the things that Marty discovers is that the Chicago Cubs are the world champions of Major League Baseball. If you're a baseball fan, then you're already aware that this could happen. The Chicago franchise hasn't won a World Series in 107 years, but the 2015 Cubs are in the National League playoffs as a wild card.

Meanwhile, here's an amazing overview of how the movie's version of 2015 compares with the real thing. Be sure to look for scenes of a very young Elijah Wood in his first movie role.

Not surprisingly, Pepsi is cashing in on the "anniversary" by distributing a limited-edition version of the Pepsi Perfect product shown in the movie. Each bottle will cost $20.15. 

Well, that works two ways, also.

As the REAL 1984 didn't turn out like either movie version------

Neither did 2001, 2010 OR 2012!

Nor was 1969 like it was portrayed in the Kiefer Sutherland/ Robert Downey Jr. flick!  :D

Hard to believe (and accept) that Elisabeth Shue is 52 years old today!  :wacko:

Sepiatone

Hard to believe (and accept) that Elisabeth Shue is 52 years old today!  :wacko:

Wow! I didn't realize that! I was thinking about her last week because Julie Finlay, her character in "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," didn't appear in the special two-hour series finale on September 27th. I guess Jules never came out of the coma she was in during the final episode of Season 15 in February.

It seems like only yesterday that Shue played a charming teen in Chris Columbus' "Adventures in Babysitting" (1987).

• Like 1

This "Back to the Future Part II" references are picking up steam! Now Universal has released a trailer for "Jaws 19."

Although there actually hasn't been a "Jaws" sequel since 1987, it's interesting that the biggest movie of the year (so far) IS a sequel produced by Steven Spielberg. "Jurassic World" has earned $1,663.9 billion worldwide, placing it No. 3 all time behind "Avatar" ($2,788.0 billion) and "Titanic" ($2,186.8 billion).

• Like 1

It seems like only yesterday that Shue played a charming teen in Chris Columbus' "Adventures in Babysitting" (1987).

Well, some channel has been showing all the "Karate Kid" flicks lately, and been seeing her there as well.

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING" is one of those flicks my wife just HAD to drag me to as I didn't think it'd be very interesting, but turned out to be one of my all time favorites.  I suppose it helped being a long time ALBERT COLLINS fan("Don't nobody leave this place without sangin' the blues!")

As I don't watch CSI, I was unaware of MS.Shue being on that program.  Or as to why she never reprised her role in any of the "Karate Kid" sequels.

Sepiatone

Well, some channel has been showing all the "Karate Kid" flicks lately, and been seeing her there as well.

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING" is one of those flicks my wife just HAD to drag me to as I didn't think it'd be very interesting, but turned out to be one of my all time favorites.  I suppose it helped being a long time ALBERT COLLINS fan("Don't nobody leave this place without sangin' the blues!")

As I don't watch CSI, I was unaware of MS.Shue being on that program.  Or as to why she never reprised her role in any of the "Karate Kid" sequels.

Shue joined "CSI" in February 2012 after original cast member Marg Helgenberger left during the middle of Season 12. Her character, Julie Finlay, had a rocky relationship in Seattle with D.B. Russell (Ted Danson), who took over the CSI lab at the beginning of that season. But they worked well together in Vegas. She was attacked by a serial killer at the end of Season 15, and it appears she didn't make it.

Although "CSI" ended on September 27th, Danson has joined the CBS spinoff series "CSI: Cyber" -- now in its second season -- as Russell.

In the 1989 time-travel sequel "Back to the Future 2," the 1985 versions of Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and Jennifer Parker (Elisabeth Shue) arrive in Hill Valley, California on October 21, 2015. One of the things that Marty discovers is that the Chicago Cubs are the world champions of Major League Baseball. If you're a baseball fan, then you're already aware that this could happen. The Chicago franchise hasn't won a World Series in 107 years, but the 2015 Cubs are in the National League playoffs as a wild card.

If the Cubs win today, we will be celebrating in Chicago.

One step closer to the fulfillment of the "prophecy" in BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 . . .

If the Cubs win today, we will be celebrating in Chicago.

One step closer to the fulfillment of the "prophecy" in BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 . . .

If they lose Cubs fans are going to say you jinxed it with this post.       ;)  

But I'm hoping they do win and the Dodgers end up facing the Cubs somewhere down the road.   

It was a good day for the band Chicago, too! After being eligible for 21 years, the group finally was nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I've been boycotting the induction specials on HBO until Chicago gets in. We'll find out in December if this is the year!

• Like 1

#1.  Sure, after this much time, that Chicago doesn't even get a nomination BEFORE the likes of (echh!) MADONNA gets inducted makes the Hall of Fame more of a Hall of SHAME!  That AND Alice Cooper being largely ignored.

#2.  I'm not really a CUBS fan, but their drought's been so long and their fans so admirably loyal  that I too, can't help rooting for them some   :)

Sepiatone

#1.  Sure, after this much time, that Chicago doesn't even get a nomination BEFORE the likes of (echh!) MADONNA gets inducted makes the Hall of Fame more of a Hall of SHAME!  That AND Alice Cooper being largely ignored.

There is a tough group of nominees to choose from this year. In addition to Chicago, there's:

• The Cars
  • Chaka Khan
  • Cheap Trick
  • Chic
  • Deep Purple
  • The J.B.s (James Brown's funk band without James Brown)
  • Janet Jackson
  • Los Lobos
  • N.W.A. (the rap group recently in the news because of the hit movie about them)
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Smiths
  • The Spinners
  • Steve Miller
  • Yes
I figure a little more than half of them will get in this year. Can you really say no to Yes?

CORRECTION! 

Cooper got in on 2011.  I think I was so pizzed at MADONNA getting in (for some odd reason) that I largely ignore the whole proccess now.

There ARE a couple or so on that list that I Think don't belong.  But to avoid any senseless arguments, I'll not say who they are.

Maybe they'll let Chaka Khan in to make her feel better about getting booted off "Dancing With The Stars" so early.  :D

She deserves it regardless.

YES deserves a "shoo-in" due to there probably NOT ever being a "Prog-rock" genre without them.  Now, some may claim ELP were more responsible for it, but my memory hears the genre not REALLY picking up until AFTER Yes hit the scene.

Sepiatone

There ARE a couple or so on that list that I Think don't belong.  But to avoid any senseless arguments, I'll not say who they are.

I believe that all of the nominees are deserving, although the only thing I know about Deep Purple is the immortal song "Smoke on the Water."

Don't tell me that Chic is on your blacklist because it was a dominant force during the disco era!!! Well, I'm rooting for the band because this is its 10th nomination for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If it doesn't make it this time, it will set a record for HOF futility.

But Chic will get in eventually because the band's 1979 hit "Good Times" influenced "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang. That '79 rap song was a seminal work in the rise of the hip-hop movement.

Of course, Chic's Nile Rodgers will get into the Hall of Fame someday as a producer and performer. He even produced Madonna's second album - ha! - "Like a Virgin." His influence continues into the 2010s. He shared 2013-2014 Grammys with Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams for co-writing and performing the song "Get Lucky," which was named Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance,.

Sure, after this much time, that Chicago doesn't even get a nomination BEFORE the likes of (echh!) MADONNA gets inducted makes the Hall of Fame more of a Hall of SHAME! 

I'm not really a Madonna fan myself, but her impact on pop music cannot be denied (unless one chooses to live in denial).

Didn't the universe suppose to explode when this happen or maybe something smaller according to Doc?

1280x720--k7.jpg

Does anyone notice the mistakes with paradoxes by the time Part III ended?   First there are Marty McFly's   The original Marty  in Part I whom THOSE parents will never see him again because he time traveled to 1955.  The 2nd who is in a Swiss boarding school in Part II whose going to face the brunt of Biff's wrath when he return to the states and the original Marty that saw his changed parents, is not the same child they gave birth to later on after he (the original) left 1955.

There are 4 time lines created by that time machine...

The first, has a missing Marty,  his timid parents are probably  putting up MISSING posters on telephone poles and plastering his face on milk cartons.

The 2nd has a rich corrupted Biff - more likely killing the other boarding school Marty after he regains consciousness on top of the high rise.

3rd has a changed wild west with a section of town eventually called Clint Eastwood.

4th has 2 Marty's that has to eventually run into each other after Part III ends.

Edited by hamradio

Didn't the universe suppose to explode when this happen or maybe something smaller according to Doc?

Yeah, but Doc always was worried about Marty's affecting the future by interacting with himself and his future parents in the past. The older Biff from 2015 definitely wanted to change the future by interacting with his younger self in 1955.

Yeah, but Doc always was worried about Marty's affecting the future by interacting with himself and his future parents in the past. The older Biff from 2015 definitely wanted to change the future by interacting with his younger self in 1955.

I added some details to my OP.  more complicated than Doc realized.

Marty caused a butterfly effect once he entered 1955

Edited by hamradio

I've been reading about anti-gravity tech in sci fi since I was a kid.  One of the earliest is "The Foundation Trilogy" by Issac Asimov, published in 1951.  A device in the trilogy made ships weigh practically nothing and be powered by little effort.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Law of the universe....you don't get something for nothing (nature won't be cheated).

I don't know if George Lucas borrowed any ideas from this novel but strange it has a city planet called Trantor that is the heart of the Galactic Empire. :blink: