Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - 2:45am, early Thurs, 10/8/15

DVDPhreak

Last year I posted a thread here asking wouldn't it be cool to watch this film at around 2 in the morning to coincide with the time setting in the film?  Apparently, someone at TCM was listening.  This film will be shown 2:45am early Thursday morning 10/8/15.  For those who haven't seen it, this film is about a couple who have an all-night quarrel from 2am to dawn.  This is a long film, and the airing will finish at 5am, when daylight will break for some of you, exactly the way it happens in the film.

• Like 1

Last year I posted a thread here asking wouldn't it be cool to watch this film at around 2 in the morning to coincide with the time setting in the film?  Apparently, someone at TCM was listening.  This film will be shown 2:45am early Thursday morning 10/8/15.  For those who haven't seen it, this film is about a couple who have an all-night quarrel from 2am to dawn.

Well the intense nature of this film is likely to keep one awake.    Maybe I'll host a party and invite another couple and we will all get real drunk and discuss secrets we haven't shared with anyone else.     Of course I'll need to ensure I hide all the sharp objects!  

• Like 1

Now that we have definitive confirmation that TCM is listening, allow me to make another wish.  Wouldn't it be cool to air these films on Mother's Day: "Psycho", "Mommie Dearest", and some other films with motherly villains?  I've seen minor TV stations do this.  Would a respectable station like TCM do this, risking offending viewers who may take it the wrong way?

• Like 1

Now that we have definitive confirmation that TCM is listening, allow me to make another wish.  Wouldn't it be cool to air these films on Mother's Day: "Psycho", "Mommie Dearest", and some other films with motherly villains?  I've seen minor TV stations do this.  Would a respectable station like TCM do this, risking offending viewers who may take it the wrong way?

I love your mother day idea.    They could also show Mildred Pierce (every Mom needs a Veda!).    Hopefully most people would get it and not be offended.

I love your mother day idea.    They could also show Mildred Pierce (every Mom needs a Veda!).    Hopefully most people would get it and not be offended.

But I've never seen TCM do this kind of cheeky thing before.  TCM has always been a reverential station in pretty much everything it does.  Stations like Spike TV, Chiller, etc. are more likely to do it.