Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE ALERT!!!

Hibi

aka JAN IN THE PAN. Tonight at 1AM! i havent seen it in awhile so am looking forward to it. Hope it's the unedited version! :D

I had a friend over for dinner recently, and we watched it. I hadn't seen it for some time. My DVD says 85 minutes; TCM schedule says 71, so don't get your hopes up. My onscreen cable guide doesn't list it at all -- don't know what's up with that -- it lists Bounty/NY World's Fair from 12:53-2:30am. Maybe Bounty is a short, and they forgot to list Brain.

The best description of Brain... is in Videohound's Horror Show.  It's priceless -- I won't quote it, since it has too many spoilers.

I had a friend over for dinner recently, and we watched it. I hadn't seen it for some time. My DVD says 85 minutes; TCM schedule says 71, so don't get your hopes up. My onscreen cable guide doesn't list it at all -- don't know what's up with that -- it lists Bounty/NY World's Fair from 12:53-2:30am. Maybe Bounty is a short, and they forgot to list Brain.

The best description of Brain... is in Videohound's Horror Show.  It's priceless -- I won't quote it, since it has too many spoilers.

It sounds like the edited version. :(  But I'll watch anyway!

I had a friend over for dinner recently, and we watched it. I hadn't seen it for some time. My DVD says 85 minutes; TCM schedule says 71, so don't get your hopes up.

I recorded it from TCM the last time it played and created a DVD. It runs 81 minutes 35 seconds. IMDb lists the "uncut" time as 82 minutes, so I'm pretty sure TCM is running the uncut version these days.

Swithin--just checked Online schedule--had running time at 82 minutes.  Is that the unedited versions' running time?? :unsure:

That's good news -- that's the unedited (IMDB says 82 minutes, don't know why my DVD says 85).

Before my earlier post on this subject, I checked the TCM schedule (clicking on Schedule/Full TCM Schedule) above; then clicked on the film name and saw 71 minutes (see my link). That must be an entry unrelated to the print they're showing tonight.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/69565/Brain-That-Wouldn-t-Die-The/

• Like 1

I remember the first time I saw it in the theatre at the age of 12. It was so sleazy! I actually felt Catholic guilt, sure that watching it was a sin.

8 years of Catholic school in the 50's will do a number on ya that way.

Heh!

That reminded me of a line in a "Law&Order: SVU" rerun recently.....

Some guy was in the squad room apparently confessing to a crime it was clear HE didn't commit. When someone asked what could possibly make him DO that, one of the cops said, " Maybe he's CATHOLIC and feels guilty about EVERYthing."  I think it was Richard Belzer's MUNCH character.  :D

I wonder, if anyone(for some odd reason) decides to do a biopic of George W. Bush, can they get away with calling it  "The Brain That Wouldn't Live!"?

Sepiatone

• Like 1

aka JAN IN THE PAN. Tonight at 1AM! i havent seen it in awhile so am looking forward to it. Hope it's the unedited version! :D

Hah! :D  

I remember seeing this at a movie theater when I was a kid.

Wonder if it was an edited version? :unsure:

Well, I'll just have to rewatch tonight to see if my memories are intact?

Thanks Hibi, for the heads up! :)  

• Like 1

It is.

TCM used to run a 70 minute print but have now switched to the full movie.

Yes, I think the last time TCM aired the movie it was the uncut version.

This movie is bat**** crazy in the best way!

That looooooooooooooooong scene where the assistant (well I don't want to spoil it).

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for language
  • Like 1

Yes, I think the last time TCM aired the movie it was the uncut version.

Meaning the version where we see the monster spit out that McNugget looking thing after biting the guy in the neck, then picks it up and looks at it?

(Sorry, I don't think that "spoils" anything for anyone who hasn't seen this movie.)