Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE ALERT!!!

Hibi

To me the real bad acting honors in THE BRAIN THAT.... go to the doctor's choice for Jan's new body: the dark-haired pin-up with the scarred face and (pretty well-founded as it turns out) distrust of men.

That is some good bad acting.

Yes, I trust you with my life!!! LOL.

Well the doctor's assistant was bad, bad acting! I'm afraid there was no "good" acting in this film. Just good/bad and bad/bad!!! I'm willing to bet some of the "actors" werent even in equity. (Friends of the producer/director or such)..........

Virginia Leith (Jan) had an interesting career. She even dated Marlon Brando for a while! She seems to be still with us, TCM should have had her introduce the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Leith

Yes, I checked on imdb today and they listed her as still alive also. I'd forgotten about the Brando connection. I'm sure she'd like to forget about The Brain That Wouldnt Die! Thanks to MST 3000, that's her claim to fame now. Probably really irks her (LOL).

For someone who's sober and (somewhat) sane, I still don't understand why she didn't run screaming from the house the moment she saw the fresh blood on the carpet, BEFORE she had the drugged drink, or at Least ask a question or two?  I can just hear...

Victim #1--"Oh doctor,  so you do surgery in here?"  Purrs--"Let's (whispers in docs ear...)"

Nutso doctor--"No, I need your Perfect body to attach to my fiancee Jans' head--I know you'll Love her when you meet her!  The pan her head's in is color coordinated with the basement walls!  Besides, Jan needs a drink--Darling."

Victim #1--"Let me make the pitcher of martinis.  You're out of olives--would you get a New jar?" 

As Nutso doctor turns, Victim #1 breaks the pitcher over his head, killing him.  As she leaves, she says "There, your blood matches the other blood on the carpet."  She grabs car keys & the doc's wallet, and says "There's enough here to last me for a year in Las Vegas & Real plastic surgery"  She lights cigarette, throws the match against the house, which bursts into flame.  Picture ends with Jan screaming & Would-Be Victim #1 laughing as she drives away.

For someone who's sober and (somewhat) sane, I still don't understand why she didn't run screaming from the house the moment she saw the fresh blood on the carpet, BEFORE she had the drugged drink, or at Least ask a question or two?  I can just hear...

Victim #1--"Oh doctor,  so you do surgery in here?"  Purrs--"Let's (whispers in docs ear...)"

Nutso doctor--"No, I need your Perfect body to attach to my fiancee Jans' head--I know you'll Love her when you meet her!  The pan her head's in is color coordinated with the basement walls!  Besides, Jan needs a drink--Darling."

Victim #1--"Let me make the pitcher of martinis.  You're out of olives--would you get a New jar?" 

As Nutso doctor turns, Victim #1 breaks the pitcher over his head, killing him.  As she leaves, she says "There, your blood matches the other blood on the carpet.  She grabs car keys & the doc's wallet, and says "There's enough here to last me for a year in Las Vegas & Real plastic surgery"  She lights cigarette, throws the match against the house, which bursts into flame.  Picture ends with Jan screaming & Would-Be Victim #1 laughing as she drives away.

LOL! Great alternate ending. Why would anyone buy his line and go to some country retreat with no way of escape and believe his dad is going to show up during the night when she hasnt seen this guy in how long? High school? LMREO. (Yeah, right)......

• Like 1

wouldn't it be the greatest if Osborne did a special TCM PRIVATE SCREENING with Virginia Leith and she did it entirely in character as Jan-in-the-Pan?

LMREO. If only. I'd pay to see that..............

• Like 1

A good alternate title for this flick,  THE FILM THAT KILLED MY CAREER!  (Virginia Leith).

But it's the greatest role of her life. It's a cult classic seen by hundreds of millions of people - and appreciated by them. Nobody really remembers or gives a crap about any of her other work.

Getting married and retiring from acting killed her "career" - not this movie. Then again, it woulda been killed anyway just by getting a couple of years older. She wasn't exactly special, ay. Not an A-list-er by any stretch of the definition.

A good alternate title for this flick,  THE FILM THAT KILLED MY CAREER!  (Virginia Leith).

She gave a sound performance in A Kiss Before Dying (as well as looking very nice).  

Oh, and I also liked her in Black Widow.  

Edited by jamesjazzguitar
  • Like 1

She gave a sound performance in A Kiss Before Dying (as well as looking very nice).  

Oh, and I also liked her in Black Widow.  

I know Lorna will disagree, but I liked her in that film as well..........:D

• Like 1

I know Lorna will disagree, but I liked VIRGINIA LEITH in that film as well.......... :D

Maybe* I'd like her better if she had appeared in BLACK WIDOW and A KISS BEFORE DYING in character as JAN IN THE PAN. The scene where Van Heflin tries to choke her into admitting the truth about her roommate would've really been something to see: just him shaking her bandaged head like a magic 8 ball, screaming "TELL ME! TELL ME!"

*Actually, I take that back, there's no "maybe" about it.

LOL. It's funny, but I dont even remember her in Black Widow!

she plays Peggy Ann Garner's roommate, it's only a couple of scenes- but she has one with Van Heflin (playing "the good guy") where he gets really physical with her- choking her while trying to get her to confess that she knows he didn't have a romance with the dead girl.

it's really very disturbing.

I saw Black Widow once, (the TCM premiere) but I cant remember much about it now. I remember enjoying it, but that's about it!

I'd to say you were one of the few who did. It seemed to me like the general consensus was 10-2 agin' it. Dobbsey started one of the longer-lived (and at times contentious) threads we've had here about it.

I'd to say you were one of the few who did. It seemed to me like the general consensus was 10-2 agin' it. Dobbsey started one of the longer-lived (and at times contentious) threads we've had here about it.

LOL. I remember the thread more than the movie! I remember liking it, not it being great or anything. Apparently it didnt have too much of an effect on me.........