Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
icblue02

de Havilland autobiography

I have frequently read that Olivia de Havilland is working on her autobiography. Does anyone know the status on this? Is it still in the works, or is it finished and not yet released? Just curious...

Hi,

This autobiography has been touted since about 1975. And then, Joan Fontaine's book came out and Miss DeHavilland put hers on hold.

I then heard that she was going to commence again around 1998 and publish in 2000. She has stated that she is 'working' on it.

I wonder if it will not appear until either she or Joan dies. It could contain some explosive material....

Larry

I heard that somewhere as well....that it might not be published until after her death. I had never even thought of that....

Her autobiography would really be something. That would have so much in it, I would definitely read that.

I hadn't really thought about it being published after her or Joan's death, but that might be the case. I am actually currently reading Joan's autobiography. I had read mixed reviews on it, but so far, I have really enjoyed it. Plus, at least halfway into it, I can say that she has handled talking about her relationship with Olivia with a great deal of class. I can't wait until we can hear similar stories from the other side of the matter...

Hi,

I always liked both of them and am glad Joan handled the feud with class in her book, as you say.

But, after having heard many good and bad things about both Olivia and Joan, I think they're both to blame for carrying on their feud. They're both obstinate and there's not much time for them to reconcile, if ever........

Larry